Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Smith's tactics have been found out tonight. We were lucky not to lose at Southampton as they had the better of the play.

WTF!

Overreacting Jennie Garth GIF by FOX TV

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I would imagine a lot of other teams will try and setup like this against us in the near future.

Working out Grealish will have a quiet game if you put 3 men on him isn't rocket science. I'd hope the next time someone does it the other 10 players aren't also playing shite so they can do something with the space it creates.

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thats down to the manager picking the same 11 for every game.

Could have rotated more given the fixture congestion.

I fear what Arsenal might do

7 of West Ham started last 6. Antonio last 5 because was injured before. Maybe Covid affected us

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Thats down to the manager picking the same 11 for every game.

Could have rotated more given the fixture congestion.

I fear what Arsenal might do

We're on for nearly twice the points tally we got last season. I'd say we've been doing **** amazingly well so far. Off night tonight and we do not have the depth to be rotating 2 or 3 players when we're playing a game every 3 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They took Bowen and Fornals out and look much fresher for it. Lessons to be learned 

I'm sure as we build a squad we will be able to do it more as well. West ham have been a prem team longer than us. 

They're depth is much better than ours. 

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

We're burnt out mate, is what it looks like to me!

Yeah we are a little which doesn't help but I still think their game plan has out done us, their movement off the ball between our defence and midfield line has killed us along with brilliant defending vs grealish 

A fitter midfield would have made it more interesting but instill think they would have been the better team 

Watkins has played well but he has learnt a harsh lesson tonight that when he doesn't protect the ball well enough centrally it can be dangerous. But, McGinn and Luiz have been really poor tonight. 

It's a shame that Emi's brainfart cost us a grandstand finish although, we didn't deserve it. 

• Like 1