Midweek Football 1/4 Febuary

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

FFS now Luiz misses out against us

I don't know what happened to Gabriel who seemed to be their best player in their poor run, but he seems to be out of favour now after recovering from Covid, but it looks like Holding and Pablo Mari are the only senior CBs available against us. Might be a good thing. Luiz, while bone-headed is actually decent.

That absolutely should not be a red. It's an accidental clip, and by Walton's (lol) explanation, if he'd had gone for the ball and wiped him out, it would only be yellow. That's completely backwards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That absolutely should not be a red. It's an accidental clip, and by Walton's (lol) explanation, if he'd had gone for the ball and wiped him out, it would only be yellow. That's completely backwards.

When I saw it I thought it was a clear red. He was through on goal, about to pull the trigger. Accidental or not, surely that's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?

The rule says:

Players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

He didn't deliberately trip him so it shouldn't be a red.

• Like 1

Incoming rule change then! :D  Sorry 'rule clarification'.

There is no way that should be a red card. The rule even says 'accidental foul'.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

What's Martin Keown on about there. "It's a red because he hasn't played the ball". No mate, he hasn't played the man either...Luiz is trying to get out of the way and Jose's studs catch Luiz's shin. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Wolves beating Arsenal, good news for us.

It is, but yet more poor decisions and poor interpretations/defending of the decision by PGMOL, and the media, doesn't serve the game well.

Â