Gaming Chairs

Stevo985

Hello all,

looking for some advice please. I couldn't find a topic on this but apologies if it exists.

My company have announced they are giving everyone £75 to pay for an office chair to use when working from home. I can spend more but £75 is what I'll get reimbursed for.

What I'm thinking is killing two birds with one stone and getting myself a gaming chair. I'll still be using it as my office chair when I'm working, so I'm not being a complete word removed about it.

Thing is I know very little about them. Has anyone got any advice or suggestions? I'd say the budget can be anywhere from the £75 up to £150, I'll put the rest in myself if it's worth it. I will genuinely be using it for work so it'll be visible on zoom calls and that so I don't want anything too colourful or garish. Black or grey would be perfect

From my experience, gamingchairs in the £100-150 are pretty crap in quality and comfort. I ended up buying a second-hand high-end Kinnarps office chair. It's just about perfect.

https://www.brothersofficefurniture.co.uk/d-url-kinnarps-8000-operators-chair-tri-arms.html

I don't know if that place is the best to buy from but the quote looks about right.

Edited by Tegis
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went for this in the end

Found a number of sites listing it as the best option for under £200. I take Tegis' point that they might not be that great, but seeing as work are footing the majority of the bill I just went for it

• Like 4

On 11/02/2021 at 11:13, Stevo985 said:

Found a number of sites listing it as the best option for under £200. I take Tegis' point that they might not be that great, but seeing as work are footing the majority of the bill I just went for it

Looks like a good choice to be honest. Let us know how it is and the comfort level 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like a good choice to be honest. Let us know how it is and the comfort level 

It arrived yesterday so haven’t properly used it yet but pretty impressed so far. Seems good quality. I’ll be using it for work all week so we’ll see how it is. 

Only complaint so far is the head pillow doesn’t really sit where my head is. But I’m a big word removed so it’s probably just me 😂

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It arrived yesterday so haven’t properly used it yet but pretty impressed so far. Seems good quality. I’ll be using it for work all week so we’ll see how it is. 

Only complaint so far is the head pillow doesn’t really sit where my head is. But I’m a big word removed so it’s probably just me 😂

But can you feel six little hands on your back and head as the picture suggests? 

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2021 at 11:13, Stevo985 said:

How you getting on with it?

13 minutes ago, MCU said:

How you getting on with it?

Pretty good!

It's very comfy. bit firm but that's probably a good thing.

One issue I've had is the bolts that hold the back rest to the seat seem to come slightly loose meaning the back rest can wobble a bit. But I went at them with a wrench a couple of days ago and tightened them as hard as I could and they seem solid now. But yeah seems pretty decent!

Oh one problem I do have with it is the arms aren't adjustable which is annoying. It's my fault as they're not listed as adjustable, but it can be a bit of a pain getting it to fit under my desk, where usually you could put the arms down and it would be fine

• Like 1

Â