Pre Match Thread

One For The Road

I know a West Ham fan at work, season ticket holder back when such a thing existed. He’s a sound lad. That being said, I hope he’s crying into his bubble solution on Wednesday because I really don’t like that club. Most organisation’s are culturally a reflection of their leadership, and West Ham’s ‘leadership shadow’ is a very dark and shady place. 

We owe them a spanking and I’d love it to be this week so we can move above them, and hopefully stay there. 

• Like 1

Think Deano will probably go same again, likes to go with the momentum as he says

Wouldnt be adverse to seeing Sanson and El Ghazi come in for rotation. McGinn and Traore off the bench will give us something different if we need to change the momentum of a game.

Seed of doubt in West Hams mind after losing to Liverpool’s B team, breaks up their winning run plus we get a days extra rest

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any chznges? I dont know what i'd change but there will be tired legs after southampton.

Safe enough there won't be any changes. Might see Sanson for the last ten minutes. 

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

So What,I thought this forum is about football not politics. I've been a  Villa fan for nearly 60 years and I am a Conservative member and I don't understand

what on earth that has to do with football!!

Oh. Well let your conscience be your pilot I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

So What,I thought this forum is about football not politics. I've been a  Villa fan for nearly 60 years and I am a Conservative member and I don't understand

what on earth that has to do with football!!

If they bring Boris Johnson on and he scores, its your bloody fault pal

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any chznges? I dont know what i'd change but there will be tired legs after southampton.

I think after this week that's the end of the midweek games for us for a while. So lots of rest coming for the players.

Moyes will let us have the ball.

They are not really a pressing side.

Just need to make sure to put our chances away. Set pieces is the one danger we can't do much about. They have a massive height advantage and there is not much we can do.

Well this game for us is the game which will sum up our season.

1) I believe a win here puts us mathematically safe this season. Past two seasons at week 21 it’s been 16-18 points not 14 for relegation at this stage. 

2) West Ham are 5th and played two games more than us. A win means we go above them with two games in hand. 

3) it’s two wins back to back, something we haven’t done since Boxing Day. 

4) It puts us 6 points ahead of the next side below us on the same number of games (Southampton) albeit they are also playing so will remain a game ahead. 

this game as we know is the same as any other, they’re all worth 0,1 or 3 points, but the next run of games in Feb looks quite niggly and would start a new month off on the heels of the top 4. 

3 hours ago, Michelsen said:

None for us since Libor Kozak, I think, but I think they have a couple. Why?

Oh... changes? Dunno. 

My spelling isn't the greatest, never has been. I struggle quite badly with typing also. Most posters never say anything about it.

You're a word removed.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any change for West Ham? Same 11 have started last 4 PL games bar Lanzini instead of Fornals in 1 

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

My spelling isn't the greatest, never has been. I struggle quite badly with typing also. Most posters never say anything about it.

You're a word removed.

Really sorry, mate, but it was only a light hearted joke. Genuinely no offense intended at all. We all make spelling mistakes. 

(For the sake of clarification, the intended butt of my joke was the country of Czhechia, whose name reads like a spelling mistake, not you. I know it wasn’t the funniest joke ever, but I’m not sure it makes me a word removed.) 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We owe them for the mugging in the reverse fixture. 

It will be nice not playing a high tempo pressing side. 

Hopefully we can get back to playing good attacking football ourselves, and not having to rely on luck to see us get the points. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AJ said:

A- hem. I think this is highly inappropriate.

Unless she is smuggling out samples from the sperm bank she is working at to sell on the black market, this doesn't sound right.

To be honest, that was toned down to avoid warning points 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

To be honest, that was toned down to avoid warning points 😂

If it was up to me I would have let it fly, but it wasn't what I was getting at though.

It was just me having an attempt at some pedant humour. 😜

• Haha 1