Pre Match Thread

One For The Road

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I have huge fear around set-pieces and nowhere else.

I'm not sure how we'll stop them from corners if the delivery is right. They have about five players over 6' 2".

Exactly my concern as well. 

Another very tough game as these are really grinding out results. I’d like to say 2-1 - a reverse of the game at their place. 

We can dominate this because they don't press. We have to take our effing chances. I'll keep bleating on about it till the cows come home and all that jazz. 

I'd like us to be aggressive and keep them pinned back. Oh and give our kits back you mugs! We can rack up 6/7 due to the styles of play. Watkins hat-trick incoming.

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

The Gold brothers, David Sullivan, Karen Brady, "The West Ham way", "We won the world cup", the tax payers stadium, kit stealing, Frank Lampard senior and all references to him, Russel Brand, that drip who presents Tipping Point and Danny ***** Dyer.

How many reasons can you have to want to beat this lot?

Edit: I almost forgot. Grown men with little tubs of fairy liquid, singing a droney song about bubbles. 

'Moose' from talksport. Absolute oaf

• Like 1

What a big game this is again but with completely different pressures to the one at the end of last year, real chance to get some points back on them and the sort of games that you have to win (against rivals) if you want to get that top 8 finish.

That said think this will be a really tough game, as mentioned by others its the physical side of things where I think we have a bit of a disadvantage and we have to be better in midfield then we were v saints although i fancy our attacking players to cause them plenty of problems too

Im going 2-2 - Barkley & Watkins

Won’t be an easy game, not many are apart from Newcastle, but I’m confident that we can win this. We’re capable of losing of course but I go into all games now with the belief we can win, the team does too. 

A smashing off Liverpool today will be nice, along with a Soucek red card and an Antonia hamstring tweak. 

• Like 1

1-1 for me. We battered them down there and somehow lost for variety of reasons but think they'll be much better at VP as they're playing with plenty of confidence.

The two goals we lost down there were not properly concentrating from crosses so that's a concern still given the second half at Burnley and Soucek is in great form for them and their CBs are massive aswell.

Win would be great though but we can still finish above them if we don't win as they'll have a poor run at some point over next three months.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

James Corden. Fat prick

That cover of Shout he did with Dizzee Rascal for the World Cup was a national embarrassment.

When he sang "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough", I'm pretty sure an entire nation was thinking "I'd love to James".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

Not exactly a Tory stronghold East London!!!

Gold and Sullivan have both donated to the Conservative Party and Karen Brady is a Conservative life peer.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Gold and Sullivan have both donated to the Conservative Party and Karen Brady is a Conservative life peer.

So What,I thought this forum is about football not politics. I've been a  Villa fan for nearly 60 years and I am a Conservative member and I don't understand

what on earth that has to do with football!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I couldn't care less whether they were Labour, Conservative, Lib Dem or whatever - Gold, Sullivan and Brady are all massive pricks for non-political reasons and I'd love us to stuff them on Wednesday.

Also, West Ham are one of the most self-entitled clubs around. Their fans have a massive superiority complex and I have no idea why because they've never been that good or successful.

Now you're talking 😆😆