Pre Match Thread

One For The Road

A chance to go 5th wow. Cant stand the Spammers but they are obviously high in the league for a reason. Expecting a tough match, but also feel we can win it. Please Dean get fresh legs in there when we need to and Sanson for SJM from kick off for me. Watching youtube this looks like another great addition from the boss 

4 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Really sorry, mate, but it was only a light hearted joke. Genuinely no offense intended at all. We all make spelling mistakes. 

(For the sake of clarification, the intended butt of my joke was the country of Czhechia, whose name reads like a spelling mistake, not you. I know it wasn’t the funniest joke ever, but I’m not sure it makes me a word removed.) 

Fair play. Over reaction on my part. 

• Like 1

The spammers have really got it in for Villa, apparently we’re the biggest bunch of cheats they’ve ever seen and “Grealish needs a slap”. 

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=179569

In between all the Grealish hate, there’s a few wiser posters predicting we’ll beat them. Oh and Villa fan popping up to give them some back, somebody off here by any chance?

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The spammers have really got it in for Villa, apparently we’re the biggest bunch of cheats they’ve ever seen and “Grealish needs a slap”. 

In between all the Grealish hate, there’s a few wiser posters predicting we’ll beat them. Oh and Villa fan popping up to give them some back, somebody off here by any chance?

Whats the villa fan saying?

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Whats the villa fan saying?

He’s basically calling them out on the accusations of diving and cheating by asking for examples of how we cheat and pointing out that all teams go to ground to win fouls. Nothing groundbreaking but he’s mischievously antagonistic, which I like.

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They really hate him. Wouldn't this be the perfect moment to score one of those maradone esque runs??? 

That would send their fans into meltdown, and ours too, but for very different reasons :) 

Especially if he did a Klinsmann style dive celebration after!

Edited by It's Your Round

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Hilarious. I know he winds opposition fans up but there is an unfair narrative about Jack. He gets kicked to pieces game after game. 

Having said that, he was embarrassing against West Ham so I can understand their irrational hatred. I think I (and many Villa fans) feel the same way about Bamford!

I would love Grealish to score an absolute screamer against this lot to win it. 

• Like 3

I will be watching the game as a whole as normal.....but I will be paying specific interest in the midfield engine rooms of both teams.........Luiz & McGinn.......Soucek & Rice.

I think it could be where the game is won.....if we can get a foothold, I think we will win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think this game might be about which team does the thing they're not known for best.

For us, it'll be about whether we have the steel to stand up to them and for them it's whether they have the flair to break us down.

They're organised, strong and physical with some good individuals, but they're not particularly exciting under Moyes and I think he quite likes it that way. 

We're full of dash and drama and excitement, but we're a little unpredictable and sometimes more pleasing on the eye than the scoreboard.

If we can defend them at set pieces and add the final stroke to our attacks, we'll win.

I know what you mean but I thought we showed tremendous steel at Southampton and I'm not at all concerned about us in that regard. Tough game tho.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Hilarious. I know he winds opposition fans up but there is an unfair narrative about Jack. He gets kicked to pieces game after game. 

Having said that, he was embarrassing against West Ham so I can understand their irrational hatred. I think I (and many Villa fans) feel the same way about Bamford!

I would love Grealish to score an absolute screamer against this lot to win it. 

A win would be nice.....how ever it comes.

I don't Care if Martinez scores.

• Like 2

I think them losing to the Pool may well work in our favour. They're now thinking, maybe we're not as good as we thought. FWIW, I don't think they will finish in the top 6 regardless of computer predictions. Most probably the same computer that predicted we'd be relegated last season. Another win for us would certainly boost momentum in an already fully confident side. 

Fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think this game might be about which team does the thing they're not known for best.

For us, it'll be about whether we have the steel to stand up to them and for them it's whether they have the flair to break us down.

They're organised, strong and physical with some good individuals, but they're not particularly exciting under Moyes and I think he quite likes it that way. 

We're full of dash and drama and excitement, but we're a little unpredictable and sometimes more pleasing on the eye than the scoreboard.

If we can defend them at set pieces and add the final stroke to our attacks, we'll win.

so Jizz is confirmed?

• Like 1