The 2008 FA Cup Final poll and thread - who will win?

luke_holte_ender

Who do you think will win the 2008 FA Cup final  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2008 FA Cup final

• Portsmouth
    • Cardiff

Certainly going to be the final with the fewest viewers in the last 20 years.

I am surely not going to see it!!

Curiously I haven't watched a final in years, but will certainly watch this one.

Conversely on next Wednesday evening I will be doing anything else more interesting than watching a Manure-Chelsea game.

I forget... is the final on real TV (i.e. what I get with my normal DirecTV package: Fox Soccer or Setanta) or is it on PPV in the States?

I guess I'll go for Cardiff, to deny a rival a spot in the UEFA Cup.

Being a bit of a UEFA coefficient nerd, does anyone know whether Cardiff's performances in the UEFA Cup count towards Wales' or England's coefficient?

If Cardiff will be counted as English for that purpose, then I'm a little less enthusiastic for Cardiff: I'd rather have as easy a draw as possible in the 2009-10 European competitions, and I don't think Cardiff will do much for the English coefficient.

OTOH, Cardiff will probably improve the Welsh coefficient somewhat if they're considered Welsh for that purpose. If the coefficient improves enough, then we might see the Welsh league move up a notch to getting its champion into the second qualifying round of the CL. With the format changes clearing the way for champions from lesser countries into the group stages of the CL, it may end up that winning the Welsh Premier League every other year and sneaking into the group stage of the CL every 4 to 6 years is far more lucrative than toiling in the Football League... in that case, I suspect that Cardiff and the other Welsh clubs in the English pyramid will resign their places and go back to Wales.

hmmm I really couldn't give s**t, I know its refreshing to have two non big 4 teams in the cup final but on the one hand we have Cardiff, whose fans are moronic hooligans and on the other hand we have Pompey who have a crook for a manager and ground I think should be condemned. I have no empathy for either team and the result will not affect the Villa so, bah meh can't be bothered with it

I have no empathy for either team and the result will not affect the Villa

Might have I suppose if Pompey can offer UEFA football and we may not - not a big issue but ...

Im gonna be sat on Southsea common watching the game on a big screen with the unwashed locals. I cant stand Pompey football club, was considering wearing my Villa shirt, but I really dont think that would go down well.

As long as Rednapp wins **** all then I'm happy. and really want Encklemann to win something...don't know why but i do

I wish he was playing for an english team, sorry, but cardiff shouldn't even be entered in the competitiion

Cardiff for Dave Jones. A man shat on by the media and his employers, and later by wolves.

If pompey win I'll be glad for James - a player we never should have sold.

Being a bit of a UEFA coefficient nerd, does anyone know whether Cardiff's performances in the UEFA Cup count towards Wales' or England's coefficient?
More importantly, when cardiff fans go rampaging through some small town in belgium is it welsh clubs or inglish clubs that get banned from yrop?

Portsmouth to win it for 2-0

But as i have gone for a Portsmouth win its the FA Cup shocks have happend this season and the magic of the cup is back and hopefully next season it will be the same as this season. Hopefully we will be in the final next season

Â