Weekends Football 28/31 January

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Spurs was woeful, bale is finished all he did was jog about until he was taken off after 60mins

He has to put everything into the cups now. This style of football works better there anyway. Better hope Kane is fit and firing in April so they can low block City to death again in the cup final.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Pretty sure Swansea were contantly in the top half under Rodgers, Brighton are always just above relegation zone, today was their first home win in the league in over a year, in general they're a poor team, nothing wrong with that other than people go on about them as if they're some super footballing team that are unlucky to be where they are, people talk about Leeds, but I'd say Brighton are the most overrated team in the divison.

They play good football they just lack quality all over the pitch really.

Think Potter would do well with better players.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Spurs without Kane are really quite Spursy

Jack, KDB or Kane, hard to choose who is the best player in the league at the moment. Maybe could add Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly to the list too. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Pretty sure Swansea were contantly in the top half under Rodgers, Brighton are always just above relegation zone, today was their first home win in the league in over a year, in general they're a poor team, nothing wrong with that other than people go on about them as if they're some super footballing team that are unlucky to be where they are, people talk about Leeds, but I'd say Brighton are the most overrated team in the divison.

Lol you really don’t like them do you, can only assume you had a bad experience at the seaside. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He has to put everything into the cups now. This style of football works better there anyway. Better hope Kane is fit and firing in April so they can low block City to death again in the cup final.

Can’t see them beating City esp if Kane is still out as his ankles are made of glass 

I don't like or dislike Brighton, I just don't understand why they're so overrated, believing that they're not a very good team isnt' some outlandish opinion. Today was their home win in the league for over a year, they're one place above the relegation zone, only have the same number of points that we had at the same stage last season, they've constantly struggled since promotion, if they improve good luck to them, but as it stands each and every way you look at it points to them being not very good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jack, KDB or Kane, hard to choose who is the best player in the league at the moment. Maybe could add Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly to the list too. 

Thing is though.

Neither of those players besides Jack is able to pick up the ball in their own half and dribble past the whole team.

Jack is just special.

I get what @useless is saying. In some circles, Brighton are talked about like they’re a really good footballing side, but they’re just a slightly better Fulham this season, despite having been in the league for a good few years more.

I think it’s partly because Potter is talked about like he’s some football hipster, just because he looks like a womble.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

what is underachieving? Its not a brilliant squad yet he has them in a cup final already and has won as much as Pochettino did

So he got them to a tin pot cup final, hardly champions league is it. They are 1 point of us having played a game more, if thats not underachieving I dont know what is. 

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thing is though.

Neither of those players besides Jack is able to pick up the ball in their own half and dribble past the whole team.

Jack is just special.

True his goal against Newcastle was unreal 

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jack has the most skill. De Bruyne might be ahead of him for range of passing, Kane and Salah for goals. So make your choice!

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So he got them to a tin pot cup final, hardly champions league is it. They are 1 point of us having played a game more, if thats not underachieving I dont know what is. 

yeah but this Spurs squad is shitter than the team that got to the final. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dembele were not replaced, Llorente was an upgrade back up to Kane as well

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah but this Spurs squad is shitter than the team that got to the final. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dembele were not replaced, Llorente was an upgrade back up to Kane as well

You're making excuses for him

Â