Bullying

Big Salad

On 15/11/2022 at 17:35, Demitri_C said:

When i was in year 7 one of my best mates a Mauritian guy use to get beaten up a lot and bullied as people didnt like him for whatever reason. 

My mates now in unbelievable shape ( you wouldnt want to **** with him either), has great charisma and confidence, has a senior position in the police and even does TV shows. Most of the bullies have either become bums or have crappy jobs.  He really is a inspiration how you can turn your life around. 

I think some people do genuinely come out of bullying quite well, but it takes a lot of emotional strength and a good family / support network, and a firm belief that you aren’t being bullied because of anything you’ve done wrong.

Unfortunately most victims of bullying are already vulnerable in some way (even if it’s just being a teenager!) and find themselves a bit ostracised, **** their self esteem, and has life long effects on their mental health.

People talk a lot about standing up to bullies, but actually the best thing you can do is just be kind to the victims and let them know you’re on their side. Not everyone has the physical strength or social status to stand up to a bully without making themselves a target, but everyone can show a bit of kindness.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I remember someone threw a snowball at me, that's probably the most injured I've ever felt, it hit me on the ear everything went silent and I could hear a ringing noise, wasn't just a normal snowball was compact ice, for a long time after I was scared of snowballs.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I was livid last night. Got in from a meeting about 9 and my wife was sat in living room fuming. My son had played a friendly up the leisure centre on the astro against the club he plays for but the year below. To cut a king story short a group of parents from the other team were vile to our team my son included who plays in goal. Stood near his goal calling him shit and laughing at him etc . He wasn’t the only player to get it, but basically the game had to be stopped early and some of our players end up crying. I weren’t there and neither one his mum we couldn’t make it, but I’ve found out who the one is and I know him. A mate of mine messaged him on fb telling him to ring me. He rang and denies it all , I’ve gone up like a bottle of pop , I’ve also got his missus gobbing off in background so told the stupid cow to shut her mouth etc etc. My lad was very down about it. Found out another person there who was an old childhood friend but he’s yet to ring me. So bloody angry last night . Next time I’m up the Astro I’ll be having words with a few of them it ain’t on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was livid last night. Got in from a meeting about 9 and my wife was sat in living room fuming. My son had played a friendly up the leisure centre on the astro against the club he plays for but the year below. To cut a king story short a group of parents from the other team were vile to our team my son included who plays in goal. Stood near his goal calling him shit and laughing at him etc . He wasn’t the only player to get it, but basically the game had to be stopped early and some of our players end up crying. I weren’t there and neither one his mum we couldn’t make it, but I’ve found out who the one is and I know him. A mate of mine messaged him on fb telling him to ring me. He rang and denies it all , I’ve gone up like a bottle of pop , I’ve also got his missus gobbing off in background so told the stupid cow to shut her mouth etc etc. My lad was very down about it. Found out another person there who was an old childhood friend but he’s yet to ring me. So bloody angry last night . Next time I’m up the Astro I’ll be having words with a few of them it ain’t on. 

My lad played in a footy team years ago and one day we had to drive all the way to **** Bourneville for a game.

They had stupidly arranged the game at the same time as a **** bowls match, and one of the goals was right next to the bowling green.

as you might expect the ball was regularly going onto the green and some of the bowlers were getting gobby at the kids.

A couple of us parents had a swift word and the posh words removed never said another thing. Probably never heard of Chelmsley Wood 🤣

As for the post above, yeah those parents sounded like proper scum who deserve a very intense "talking-to".

• Like 1

The problem with talking to your kids about bullying is no father wants to admit that they were bullied when they were at school.

I think most people suffered a certain amount of bullying at school: boys tend to use violence and girls use psychological abuse.

As Elaine said in Seinfeld, boys have to suffer a wedgies, and girls get teased until they develop an eating-disorder.

14 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The problem with talking to your kids about bullying is no father wants to admit that they were bullied when they were at school.

I think most people suffered a certain amount of bullying at school: boys tend to use violence and girls use psychological abuse.

As Elaine said in Seinfeld, boys have to suffer a wedgies, and girls get teased until they develop an eating-disorder.

Easier said than done, but you just stand up to them - well, you used to.

I know it's different nowadays, where even if you do stand up to them you probably risk getting a knife in you.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I was pretty heavily bullied at school and it was only in my mid to late teens that I learnt to stand up for myself. I hate to say it but there was occasions when I was also a bully. I've spoken to my 6 year-old about both these things in response to things he's told me. Help him learn from my mistakes and do things differently. If I can make his life better in any way and avoid some things that I went through then of course I'll open up and tell him things. Give him the support and advice I didn't get.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

I was bullied growing up. When I was in primary school I had the typical “fat” and “four eyes” jibes thrown at me by some proper dickhead who one day threw me over someone’s small gate on my way home from school.

All I remember is hitting him in the face with my He-Man lunchbox and breaking his nose and 2 front teeth. His mum came to my house to demand answers and my mum swiftly told her to **** off.

Funnily enough I was never bullied at primary school by that kid after that. That’s also probably the most violent I’ve ever been as I’m not exactly tough.

Problem is kids can’t react to bullying nowadays as you never know who has a weapon on them.

• Like 2

I went to a tough new comprehensive school and we had a new boy start, one of the well known bullies asked him is name, the new boy replied in a posh voice "my name is Amsley Van Heidenburg".

The bully repeated his name mimicking his posh accent and then proceeded to beat him up....

Probably Mr Van Heidenburg is head of some big hedge fund thing in London or locked up in Broadmoor as a nut job

As for the bully, he is probably head of some big hedge fund thing in London or locked up in Broadmoor as a nut job

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â