• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm not sure why.  First half we were awesome and second half we were equivalent to them.  They scored a pass?  that was a freak goal.  The other two were defensive mistakes, not sure they were Dean's fault.

But nick , we just back off and concede midfield, no wonder we sit deep....once teams like them get in and around the box, its too late....it becomes a lottery.

Just now, MaVilla said:

Burnley have now scored 23% of their entire goals this season, against us tonight.....

with only 5 shots on target....feels like Southampton freak stats earlier in the season.  How do teams efficiency in front of goal happen against us yet we have 9 clean sheets (50%).  Are we cursed?

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Yet another game where the opposition players get away with constant fouling. They should have been yellow carded.

But we have to deal with it.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

But nick , we just back off and concede midfield, no wonder we sit deep....once teams like them get in and around the box, its too late....it becomes a lottery.

Maybe that's why we have brought Sanson because Dean can see that happening and current players cant change it

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

We have flair and are good to watch, but results like this mean a mid-table finish.

Shame, I think we are better than that.

This is why I’m so frustrated. We have had 106 shots on target. That’s 5 less than Liverpool at the top of that list and we’ve played fewer games. 

for god sake we need to be more clinical. 

Jack needs to shoot more

Barkely and Traore need to pass more

we need to move the ball quicker in the final third especially with overlapping runs.

That’s really it. 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sluggish starts in both halves and he waited too long to make changes.

He deserves some blame obviously but that's a little harsh, we were way too good for them and the players on the pitch shouldve finished it off in the first half but understand when that didnt happen Dean shouldve changed it but not much on the bench to make that difference at the moment IMO

• Like 1

Honestly rather have Barry on the bench to throw on at the end of games. Yeah more likely than not he'd get bullied, especially in the air and against a team like this. But there is also a chance he might actually do something special.

Best we can hope for with Davis is that he might win a header or two, that's it. I don't even dislike the guy, I just don't think there is anything there currently. he needs to go out on loan and score some goals so he gets a bit of confidence.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

WTH? Amazing pass for Watkins 1 on 1 that he should've scored then Barkley should've scored open goal under no pressure but hit crossbar. 

Amazing ball for Grealish that led to Grealish goal

The first one was a great Hollywood pass. Even Barry Bannan had one of those in him every game.

There was nothing 'amazing' about the pass to Grealish - it was a straight and direct forward pass with no obstacles. Grealish had his back to goal, so all the work was his to do.

A midfielder occasionally completing a pass does not a good performance make. Can we break the illusion that he's doing anything but flattering to deceive if he keeps giving the ball away in between those completed passes?

Nakamba's midfield performance at the weekend put McGinn's performances either side of that to shame. Nakamba!

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

we were winning 2-1, I think Davis can do a job defending set pieces. Burnley are good at them. I think a coach can justify bringing Davis on for solely that reason. if you need goals don't bring him on.

Davis - based on what? He hasnt before, why would he now....he's a big lad but doesnt do that historically.  He how the ball up in midfield but not in either box which is one of my biggest frustrations with him.  He only does good stuff in non-effective areas from creating chances, scoring goals or on the defensive end

Barkley pretty poor again I thought, quite happy for Sanson to come straight into the team, let’s see how he looks at the end of the season, At the moment I wouldn’t sign him.

Dean was poor today on making subs, something happened in that second half and we were all over the place, it needed changes earlier.

Lots of decent performances today but somehow we concede 3 goals to Burnley? Just one of those games unfortunately.

It should temper expectations i think amongst some fans. The Europe talk was ridiculous, has to feed into players, driven by those 2 idiots Dan Bardell and Max Stokes who have a big voice for all things Villa on social media. Talking about top 4 after 10 games. Glorified AFTV. We've to earn our right to be in those conversations for European places. We've done nothing. Tonight was an utter mental capitulation. First half phenomenal. But Europe ? Please. The next game. That's what we should always be about. That other talk is dangerous. Feeds ego and complacency.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

I feel we lost some swagger today, and it will be very difficult against Southampton. We've lost 4 of last 5, and will probably lose again. It's not the end of the world, but 11 - 17 is our place, even if we periodically look much better. Still a lot to learn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Davis - based on what? He hasnt before, why would he now....he's a big lad but doesnt do that historically.  He how the ball up in midfield but not in either box which is one of my biggest frustrations with him.  He only does good stuff in non-effective areas from creating chances, scoring goals or on the defensive end

ok

1 minute ago, kidlewis said:

This is why I’m so frustrated. We have had 106 shots on target. That’s 5 less than Liverpool at the top of that list and we’ve played fewer games. 

for god sake we need to be more clinical. 

Jack needs to shoot more

Barkely and Traore need to pass more

we need to move the ball quicker in the final third especially with overlapping runs.

That’s really it. 

This is it. We are playing some lovely football to make chances, but not taking advantage of that good work. It is so frustrating.

Absolute joke we’ve lost that. Haven’t been this angry after a loss for a long time. We were so much better than them it’s laughable. Need to quickly put it behind us and take this anger out on Soton.

Â