Midweek Football 25/28 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The most farcical sequence of play I've seen since *checks notes* last week actually

City game? Yeah, stupid. Casually strikes the ball into the net as flag was up and everyone stood still. Goal is legal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jones1328 said:

Unfortunately it would be the same with any club, including ours.

yep and though she put the flag up early its not even her fault. The ref and VAR shouldnt be allowing the play to continue

2 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Unfortunately it would be the same with any club, including ours.

I know, awful isn’t it.

To be fair I don’t think any linesman/lineswoman court much controversy now with VAR. Should play to the whistle in this instance for me. Completely different from our game. 

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

she isn't good enough, imo

Can’t see how she’s any different from any other linesman/lineswoman to be honest. There’s more publicised mistakes from some of her male colleagues. Think she’s alright to be honest. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The thought of manure winning the league gives me nightmares

I'd be highly in favor of City winning every game for the rest of the season

Nah, I’d rather neither won and Leicester did it but if I had to choose I’d rather United currently. 

it’s propped up by Fernandes. If Real Madrid come for hIm United become tepid again. Don’t have that luck with City. 

4 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Can’t see how she’s any different from any other linesman/lineswoman to be honest. There’s more publicised mistakes from some of her male colleagues. Think she’s alright to be honest. 

I couldnt even tell you the name of another linesman yet Sian Massey is well known, I barely see her make many mistakes. This was one

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I couldnt even tell you the name of another linesman yet Sian Massey is well known, I barely see her make many mistakes. This was one

She's regarded as the best or one of the best. Expect this to be blown up though even though it was a failing of the ref and VAR for allowing play continue after the flag (however erroneously) went up.

Â