Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Mellberg was inexplicably right back most of the time Laursen was playing. 

Absolutely criminal that.

And Bruce tried to right the sins of the past by signing ALL of the right-backs.

• Like 1

Konsa has been the most consisently impressive player defensively since the first lockdown lifted. I think he benefits a lot more from the ball-playing presence of Mings, but crucially also, the confidence, skill, and distribution of Emi. We tick a lot better. His reading of the game is so good.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Everyone so casual today.

We could easily have battered these 5-0 if everyone was focused and played at a high intensity

We play every three days for three weeks.   

Just now, IrishVillain said:

Why isn't the midfield being changed up? I really don't understand. These twenty minutes aren't gonna do anything but increase tiredness next week. 

Honestly there's no point complaining about a lack of depth in the squad when we're not using the bench in a game like this.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Ignoring all of Konsa's though who has made 3 or 4 more than mings.

Think we are watching a different gNe because alk i ahve seen is konsa clearing up on mings errors 

• limpid changed the title to Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle
  • limpid locked this topic