Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Just now, richp999 said:

Nah Watkins is offside when the ball is played, but as we know that doesn't matter. 

The Newcastle defender plays the ball before Watkins touches it, making him onside. 

The exact same rule that was used against us at city. 

Yeah I know, but the rule says the defender has to deliberately play the ball. I.e. it can only be a deliberate backpass that gets intercepted. We got done but them misinterpreting it the other day and now I think they've done the same again in our favour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Nah Watkins is offside when the ball is played, but as we know that doesn't matter. 

The Newcastle defender plays the ball before Watkins touches it, making him onside. 

The exact same rule that was used against us at city. 

He has to play the ball because of the offside man... 

If that's what the refs think the rule is then they're absolute **** idiots almost purposefully ruining football now 

• Like 1

Watkins is level/behind the ball. All this talk of the defender taking the touch stinks of smoke and mirrors to me, even the Sky pundit tried to play it off as it was allowed due to the same rule which caught us out in the City game.

Nah.

• Like 4

Just now, penguin said:

Watkins is level/behind the ball. All this talk of the defender taking the touch stinks of smoke and mirrors to me, even the Sky pundit tried to play it off as it was allowed due to the same rule which caught us out in the City game.

Nah.

And me

Its making it sound like balance and consistency for the howler the other night 

Just now, penguin said:

Nah.

I think it's because it did look as though Ollie was just in front of the ball but looking again at that screenshot it does look just about level.