Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think that would run them ragged.

Maybe in the later stages.

Ramsey on for Barkley and Davis for who?

Call me mental, but I'd be tempted to give Jack a bit of a rest. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Trez in games when they have a real attacking threat that side. When we need to win and push teams back, traore all day

wouldn't mind seeing Trez subbed on later in the game around the 70min mark to absolutely run them to the ground.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Trez in games when they have a real attacking threat that side. When we need to win and push teams back, traore all day

Yeah, we’re building a real squad we can use. Nakamba putting in a real shift today, with Sanson coming in. We’ve got options.

• Like 3

We’ve been good without being brilliant. Newcastle have actually been better than they usually are and they’re a threat with Carroll in the box. 

We can’t switch off here. I also think we could score 3 or 4 more if we pick the right pass in the final third. They seem very open and they’re committing a lot of men forward. 

There’s more goals in this. 

It’s Wednesday soon. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

We definitely improved as the half went on as Jack got more into the game. Brilliant player.

Now let's rub it in to Steve Bruce and smash them. If he'd have got a result here he'd let us know about it.

• Like 1

We are a good team that’s for sure. 

Love this from the BBC live coverage:

Newcastle sign unwanted players from bigger clubs. Villa sign the best players from lesser clubs. Villa's way is cheaper and better. John McGinn and Oli Watkins being prime examples.

We have always paid over the odds for players with little return on investment. We are building something special here from top to bottom. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Doing the job. They don't have the players to thwart our attack. Mings immense so far. We let them put too many crosses into the box, hopefully we tighten that up.

Two more goals, please.