Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

As much as I love Trez he isn't as good as Traore, but his workrate IMO has made Traore realise he has to work for his position in the team. Our entire team is absolutely up for it tonight though

I think they're different players. Trez is more intense, but Traore is a better footballer all around imo. I prefer Traore out of the two tbf, but it's a tough call.

Midfield forward line woke up with about ten minutes to go - we've not been great, we've scored twice, not conceded, had one disallowed and not had a booking.

It'll do. If we click in the second half and play a bit, we could score a few more.

I think Mings, Cash and Luiz have been the pick of ours so far.

• Like 2

We’re not even firing on all cylinders, yet look like we’re playing a League One side in the cup. We’re a very good team with a very good manager. They’re not very good, and their manager really hasn’t a clue what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

Yaaay finally Watkins scores and someone finishes one of Jack's created chances. I was thinking it's almost too easy and we were a little bit leggy, lethargic even. We need to shoot a little bit more especially from the edge of the box.

Jack looked a bit off the pace when carrying the ball. Hopefully we can finish the game off.