General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The flag going up late is ridiculous, yesterday it was a shambles. Think it was Lacazette was about 10  yards offside and play went on for 30/40 seconds before being pulled back. Somebody is going to get hurt

They should measure how far they were offside and if it's over 3/4 yards the linesman gets relegated to Championship for a week or so. Theory makes sense but they're letting play carry on when the guy is miles offside. Waste of time.

This is damaging long-term for football. You can't get excited about the game.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

West Ham have appealed the red card

So what happens to Mike Dean if he has 2 red cards rescinded in 2 consecutive games? 

Gets a bonus from his syndicate

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So what happens to Mike Dean if he has 2 red cards rescinded in 2 consecutive games? 

Probably gets to ‘officiate‘ the biggest game of the next set of fixtures 🤪

Edited by theboyangel

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey says VAR is proving "farcical" but "you have to feel for our refs, who are close to exhaustion". The Sun.

You can't make it up.

He said that they are being overworked by having to sit in stockley park

To be fair to him he has a point and I think it will be changed in the future, you don't have to have Mike Dean sat on VAR, you can use specifically trained refs for that role, you can take a guy from the conference who is sharp as a tack but doesn't have experience or maybe fitness and put him at stockley park, you can take the likes of moss who is overweight and unfit off the pitch and have him as the experienced VAR guy with a younger guy in the middle 

They can use VAR to freshen up the way they do things... But of course they **** won't 

It will be the same old boys 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He said that they are being overworked by having to sit in stockley park

To be fair to him he has a point and I think it will be changed in the future, you don't have to have Mike Dean sat on VAR, you can use specifically trained refs for that role, you can take a guy from the conference who is sharp as a tack but doesn't have experience or maybe fitness and put him at stockley park, you can take the likes of moss who is overweight and unfit off the pitch and have him as the experienced VAR guy with a younger guy in the middle 

They can use VAR to freshen up the way they do things... But of course they **** won't 

It will be the same old boys 

VAR if used correctly and fairly is a good thing, it has been rushed in too quickly for me, if we get to the stage where we watch a game and the officiating is seemless and virtually unnoticeable, we have succeeded, however, like many others, I feel that it is bent as f%$k and being used to manipulate results.  

Refs need to be accountable, we need to hear what they are saying during matches to the linesman and 4th, to stockley Park etc 

agree that we need to hear what they're saying

the problem they have at the moment is they've made so many rules changes and tweaks that people dont know whats going on anymore, theres so much confusion over the rules 

the offside rule, the hand ball rule, now the last man rule and what i see a lot of is "VAR didnt even look at that" so theres confusion as to what VAR even does

my understanding of what VAR is for based on the world cup is now completely different based on what ive seen in the PL and its PGMOL that takes the blame for that, you're also right in that i dont trust them, some of it is so bad that it cant be incompetence, the soucek red card mike dean can not simply be that bad a ref, theres more to it than that, and if he is that bad then he shouldnt be there

• Like 1

Re offside, we hear the term clear and obvious, if the flag hasn't gone up, if it was that tight, then its not clear a..., now if you're a Brighton VAR flags and reviews it with a view to benefiting a ManU or the others that HAVE to be qualifying for the top tier pyramid money and vice versa.

The form team apart from citeh are spam, why not, if the opportunity arises, take out their best player for 3 games.

This all sounds ridiculous but its what VAR is making some fans feel like, they sense something is off and to scrap it, simplify the rules and just go back seems like we would have lost nothing, if a ref gets it wrong, it swings in around abouts, but with VAR its easier for them to give some an advantage.

Hate it as it is.

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Mike Dean.

Being made accountable is one thing but online abuse and death threats is ridiculous.

Not condoning. However, classic diversion tactic as seen many time in modern politics. Red is rescinded. Release story about ‘death threats’ in attempt to bury. I suspect ‘death threats’ are received every other week. This does not excuse the state of officiating in the country at the moment. It needs to be overhauled.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Not condoning. However, classic diversion tactic as seen many time in modern politics. Red is rescinded. Release story about ‘death threats’ in attempt to bury. I suspect ‘death threats’ are received every other week. This does not excuse the state of officiating in the country at the moment. It needs to be overhauled.

ditto. agreed any sort of abuse, online or otherwise, shouldn't happen.

it's not helped however by this protective barrier that refs have. if they had social media presence, or gave interviews post game it would give people more empathy.

look at how sometimes players will come out and tweet etc about their own poor performances, and hold their hands up. it makes them human. we never get that from refs and i do believe it would help if we did

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You couldn't have put that any better and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if true.

On 07/02/2021 at 13:12, villa4europe said:

theres my answer then

theres some right **** idiots out there and its getting worse, seems crazy to me that a ref would have a social media account and that sounds like they've seeked out his family's accounts which is every bit as weird, if you're googling what his family's names are and then searching for them on social media so that you can message them "i hope your dad dies" then you're not just a word removed you're a weird word removed, seems to be increasingly how much this gets said but if football is making you that angry then walk away from it, take a breather, thats not what its there for and not healthy, it'll get to the stage where some slogan like when the fun stops stop applies to watching your team for 90 minutes, and i personally think we have some on here and definitely a few on social media who are guilty of that, i think there are people who misunderstand their "love" of football

but at the same time he shouldn't be reffing a game this weekend regardless 

• Like 3

Â