General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Bit of a throwback but the standards have always been shite

Bosingwa gets a FK for this :D 

I always feel like linesmen are absolutely gagging to give free kicks.

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I always feel like linesmen are absolutely gagging to give free kicks.

Nothing worse than when an attacker is pressuring a full back running towards his own corner flag who then just flops. Linemen always buy it.

Apart from when Konsa does it. That's ok

• Like 2

On 12/04/2021 at 09:28, Genie said:

VAR is killing the sport in more ways than could have been imagined.

Some new rules are urgently needed.

1) If the player leaves the ball and jumps in front of a challenge to win a free kick or penalty then that player should be booked for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

2) If the player appears to be exaggerating the severity of a challenge in order to get a player booked or sent off then he should be booked himself.

In principle I agree, but then it's such a hard thing to implement. Who's to say how much pain a player is in or what has actually happened?

Take Trezeguet as an example in our last game, it looked like he was trying to buy a penalty or something and was rolling about all over the place. At the time I was thinking "come on get up and get on with it".

Turns out he needs surgery on the injury :P

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

Nothing worse than when an attacker is pressuring a full back running towards his own corner flag who then just flops. Linemen always buy it.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. The linesman always seems desperate to giv ethose fouls

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

In principle I agree, but then it's such a hard thing to implement. Who's to say how much pain a player is in or what has actually happened?

Take Trezeguet as an example in our last game, it looked like he was trying to buy a penalty or something and was rolling about all over the place. At the time I was thinking "come on get up and get on with it".

Turns out he needs surgery on the injury :P

Trez IMO is pretty guilty of diving at times 

The one that he didn't dive for he didn't get a penalty and did his ligaments, typical 

• 2 weeks later...

VAR can't save us from refs like that, **** awful, got so much wrong, the inconsistency surrounding their penalty is another where you say that's not ineptitude, he can't be that stupid, Watkins was fouled so many times in that game it was laughable 

Funny thing is atwell was bad 10+ years ago and yet he's still here 

Referee in the Sevilla game last night blew up 3 minutes into 4 minutes of injury time. He then retracted it and played for another few minutes

I doubt Jon Moss would have had the courage to admit a mistake like that

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If that ref wasn't bent ill eat my hat, remarkable how one sided he was and they just get away with it.

No bookings for Everton was ridiculous. Luiz's booking and El Ghazi's nonsensical in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As highlighted on MoTD, the same referee recommended a red card for the West Ham player (Balbuena) and didn’t for the Fleck stamp today. 

The inconsistency is just becoming ridiculous, some of these refs are stealing a living.

• Like 1

Â