• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

if the ball nicked off a defenders head from a cross and then headed in by an attacker who was in an offside position initially, they would NEVER EVER EVER award that as a goal because of ‘deliberate play’ and i’m 100% positive there are many recent examples that would support that. And in those situations the attacker isn’t tackling the defender form behind.

Its offside.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Robbed, absolutely robbed blind.

Pure rage, Deano expressed what we all felt, hopefully his red card will be rescinded once the absurdity of the non-decision to call offside sets in.

This is up there with the non-goal we were fortunate to be on the other end of last season against Sheff Utd, in the sense that with the technology now available it absolutely should not be happening. This however is human error, multiple humans too, so it’s particularly galling and brings into question the integrity of the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Have you ever known the PL “clarify” a rule that fast? All because the ref pundit said they’d made a mistake.

And how come the former referee didn't know the rules in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Man City had 68% possession and 28 shots. We fought well though, but they are so much better than us.

Yes they where and we knew they would be therefore we could executed a gameplan only a bent ref and var could put 2 past us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have you ever known the PL “clarify” a rule that fast? All because the ref pundit said they’d made a mistake.

And there's your proof it's corrupt. 

Very quickly give the pundit a reason to backup the corrupt decision. 

• Like 3

Just now, TheAuthority said:

As soon as the ball leaves the City players head the whistle should be blown if the offside player in any way impacts the games.

Exactly this shouldnt matter if Ming's **** up, it's offside before anything happens. Imagine if Grealish plays a through ball to Watkins in an offside position, tackles the defenders. How's that NOT offside. 

• Like 2

I’m starting to think is it worth even being invested in this anymore.

They pick and choose which events to hyper-analyse and find a fault with and which to not even bother looking at. Which events to interpret to the letter of the law and when to show “common sense”. It’s the officials deciding the games now not the players.

I’ll cool down and sure I’ll be watching us again at the weekend but I’ve never been less interested in football or so tempted just to **** it off completely. Complete and utter shitshow in its current form.

Problem is, and were just as guilty as anyone although it happens few and far between, but when it’s in your favour it’s brushed off as nothing or “about time we hd a bit of luck”. There needs to be a massive and comprehensive review/reform of officiating or they are going to kill the game.

• Like 2

Â