• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

Isnt it your feet that's connected to the pitch, maybe they should stop looking at arms and abit of body over the line and kept it to bloody feet, its be much more simple to determine offside.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

This is the kind of crap you will see on the man city forum, they have over 100 pages of plain and utter disrespect towards us. I usually enjoy reading other forums but City fans disgust me most now, it used to be Newcastle, not no more... what a complete bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough to be fair. They couldn't just admit that those goals were utter crap and the offside and penalty shouldnt of been given. 

Apparently I was read that Smith asked the ref if he had Juggling balls for Christmas and was given a red for it, if so that's utter rubbish to send him off for that.

Absolutely! My only regret is they didn't go down last season, aided by a goal that wasn't allowed when it was a clear goal. Funny I don't hear them crying about that. I hate the **** after Wembley and snidey dirty Grealish and cry baby Smith, both being Villa fans, sums them up.

One fan talking about Jack- Why does he have to behave like such a cvnt on the pitch when he clearly has insight?!
Very good player but shit attitude.
Not sure I’d want him here because of that.

if anyone wants to read there Bull$hit.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/villa-h-post-match-thread.349227/page-98

That's interesting, I never had any beef against Man City.

Good team, much preferable to Liverpool's/Man Utd's. 

They are better than us, and I think they will win the league. They have a shot in CL as well.

The ref made a bad decision in a game they were better in that we might have got something out of. Why is their board so angry against us? 

Little man syndrome

I've seen city fans cause trouble at VP 3 times since they've got their money, absolute gobshites, spoiled kids

Did see one of them get an absolute belter of a right hook though, I'm sure it was the bent debut game, about 6 of them thought it was a good idea to stand at the top of the holte end steps singing wheres your Barry gone, a youngish villa fan just calmly walked up to them and just clocked one with a monster punch and gave it the "and what" to the rest

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Did you get juggling balls for Christmas?

Imagine moaning over a result we deserved nothing out of.

We were second best to everything all game.

We got beat by a superior opponent. Just forget about it and focus on Newcastle.

I'm 43, I love the Villa and been supporting them since I was old enough to remember, I don't get as wound up watching games like I did in my teens/twenties - There's more to life than football. I can take defeats pretty well on the whole. I would have taken a standard 2-0 loss last night before a ball was kicked and given the circumstances with Covid prior to this then even more so last night.  But to lose to a decision like that, after defending so well for 80 minutes left me absolutely fuming and I am still outraged now. Literally couldn't get it ou of my head when trying to sleep and seeing it again this morning, well.. I'm not over it! Hence I need to just write something down on here to get it off my chest! ha!

The whole second phase b0ll0cks is precisely that, b0llocks! I'm not even going to go into it cos it just winds me up even more, but I had 5 neutral fans text me last night and all 5 said no way is that a pen so that says it all - The ones that are on social media arguing that the goal was right to stand are either bluenoses (Savage), Leeds fans, Man City fans or people that literally don't understand the game @villalad21 ;) 

As for the game, we had a game plan which we were executing well, we defended heroically and looked a threat on the break, we rode our luck at times and we were sloppy in possession at times. I thought we did look a bit leggy though (understandably) and if this game had come 3 or 4 weeks earlier we may have won that - That said, we were in the game still with 10 minutes to go until that decision - so there are a lot of positives to take from this even though we are all feeling a bit downbeat today.

The other negatives were Targett going off (my MOTM) - hope that's nothing too serious?! And the McGinn yellow and forthcoming suspension which is a blow. I mean he didn't have a good game but I always feel more confident when he is in the starting eleven. 

Man City are the best side in the league, with a ridiculous abundance of class players and we matched them well and fought like lions - two years ago we were a mid-table championship side losing 3-0 at the DW Stadium. We can hold our heads high!💜💙 

• Like 4

Thought we did well last night to give them a game, man city were the dominate team but was beginning to think we would see the game out, and we get that decision it totally changed the game and again we saw what tight margins this level hangs on. We cannot account for Ref's  but we do deserve a little respect when we go to so called big club's these days .

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

You could argue Ronaldo is interfering with play there and becomes active when the player steps in to stop the ball going to him. It's then that he's offside rather than when he touches the ball. Just a possible interpretation of why that was offside and ours wasn't.

Mings has chosen to control the ball instead of letting it run on. He's doing that to avoid other Man City players getting on it. Let's say it's at the other end. Stones knows Wesley is behind and lets the ball go, knowing it'll be called offside, but Wesley holds up his hands to say I'm off and not interfering. And Watkins picks up the ball and runs through and scores. And we'd say it should definitely be given and Stones shouldn't have left it.

Mings controls the ball and play resets. Rodri now can tackle because the phase when he was offside from the ball played forward is over. A new phase has to start at some point and i think it's fair that it starts then. 

I don't think it's interpretation of rule 11 that is the issue, and the receiving of a ball, which sounds like refers to a pass back gone awry. I think the controversy is over when the phase resets

10 minutes ago, YLN said:

You could argue Ronaldo is interfering with play there and becomes active when the player steps in to stop the ball going to him. It's then that he's offside rather than when he touches the ball. Just a possible interpretation of why that was offside and ours wasn't.

Mings has chosen to control the ball instead of letting it run on. He's doing that to avoid other Man City players getting on it. Let's say it's at the other end. Stones knows Wesley is behind and lets the ball go, knowing it'll be called offside, but Wesley holds up his hands to say I'm off and not interfering. And Watkins picks up the ball and runs through and scores. And we'd say it should definitely be given and Stones shouldn't have left it.

Mings controls the ball and play resets. Rodri now can tackle because the phase when he was offside from the ball played forward is over. A new phase has to start at some point and i think it's fair that it starts then. 

I don't think it's interpretation of rule 11 that is the issue, and the receiving of a ball, which sounds like refers to a pass back gone awry. I think the controversy is over when the phase resets

That's fine if there's actually a rule that backs this up. If there was such a rule then I'd have thought that they'd have used that to justify the decision rather than a back pass rule. I'd also say that choosing to start a new phase of play when a player is in the process of controlling the ball is pretty ridiculous.

As it is I can't see any mention of phases of play in the offside rule. The fact that they're using wording that isn't relevant to the incident suggests to me that there's no rule that justifies this decision.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

15 yards isn’t a tight margin.

This isn’t a subjective call, it’s not a fine line, it’s not ‘one that can go either way’ - it’s offside, in every other game it’s offside, it’s been that way for years now.

What I actually think happened last night but of course the arseholes would never admit to it is this.

1. Ball is played forward, in pre-VAR times the linesman would have just instantly flagged but now they’re told not to do that.

2. The ref, not seeing a flag go up just cracks on with letting play develop

3. The goal is scored and for some reason no-one seems to think there’s an issue, except for the villa players and coaching staff.

4. Because no one thinks there’s anything wrong (BT included), the folks at VAR aren’t even shown a replay with a wide angle on the first phase of play until after the game is restarted.

5. Knowing that they messed up the PL went into panic mode to try and find justification for it.

We got absolutely screwed over by the introduction of technology once again basically.

Bang on. Before VAR this is flagged immediately and it isnt a controversial offside either. Literally nobody would moan about it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

That's fine if there's actually a rule that backs this up. If there was such a rule then I'd have thought that they'd have used that to justify the decision rather than a back pass rule. I'd also say that choosing to start a new phase of play when a player is in the process of controlling the ball is pretty ridiculous.

As it is I can't see any mention of phases of play in the offside rule. The fact that they're using wording that isn't relevant to the incident suggests to me that there's no rule that justifies this decision.

Again, bang on 

If it was a case of the phase of play resetting as people are claiming then why isnt it mentioned at all by PGMOL?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

The fact that they're using wording that isn't relevant to the incident suggests to me that there's no rule that justifies this decision.

Yep. Read this seconds after hearing Dermot Gallagher say the decision was correct because Mings had “taken ownership of the ball”. Once again, just more layers of vaguely official sounding nonsense. The whole purpose seems to be to shroud the entire blunder in as much smoke and mirrors as possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, onmeedson said:

Maybe the tight margin is decision making if mings just heads the ball we do not enter the ref's world, do the simple things, two years ago this would be john stones dwelling on the ball.

If Mings just heads the ball and it falls to one of their players then the same attacking situation is there for Man City. If they then score from it then people on here will moan at him for chucking away possession. Its a no risk strategy to bring the ball down there. If we ignore the guy who is miles offside then there isn't a single Man City player anywhere near him. Why wouldn't he play the ball out from the back in this situation? Its almost as if some people want a return to the hoofball days of Steve Bruce.

Â