• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

When I initially saw the goal I didn't think it was offside 'cos I thought the next phase of play started once Mings controlled it. However, after seeing the replay I don't think he's got the ball anywhere near in control enough for it to be considered a new phase of play. 

This is the problem. Where's the definition for new phase of play? The rules are so vague and open to interpretation, the refs call them as they see fit, and PGMOL back them up. Just see Walton disagreeing on air, but changing his mind minutes later. I'm 100% convinced he had a call from PGMOL telling him to correct himself.

I don't think it's match rigging, or a conspiracy against the Villa, I just think PGMOL is an old boy's club who look after their own no matter how shit they are. There are very few cases where you can say "that's definitely wrong" with no wriggle room, and boy,  do PGMOL use the wiggle room. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well we just have to dust ourselves down and go again. 

We need the big W at the weekend to get back on track after a tough run of fixtures.

Shocking refereeing  again.

I hope not, I hope Christian Purslow is getting ready to go to town on the PL

Unless the rule has been changed mid game, every time you see an attacker coming back from an offside position they are called offside as soon as the ball is played forward.

How the same player can't be affecting play j don't know. If I was Deano in the press conference I would bury the officials and VAR and take the fine. Id then stick the fine in a big brown envelope and hand it to them at a bus stop on a dark unlit road

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This is the problem. Where's the definition for new phase of play? The rules are so vague and open to interpretation, the refs call them as they see fit, and PGMOL back them up. Just see Walton disagreeing on air, but changing his mind minutes later. I'm 100% convinced he had a call from PGMOL telling him to correct himself.

I don't think it's match rigging, or a conspiracy against the Villa, I just think PGMOL is an old boy's club who look after their own no matter how shit they are. There are very few cases where you can say "that's definitely wrong" with no wriggle room, and boy,  do PGMOL use the wiggle room. 

I think it is match rigging.

The 'vague' statements are peppered around for exactly this reason.

If it were the opposite way around, ollies watkins would have been called offside. 

• Like 1

The "rule" is that their was a second phase when Mings chests the ball.... even though the ball didn't even hit the ground by the time the offside player challenged.

I tried to think of a counter to this and I didn't have to think too hard. Anyone remember Wesley's goal being ruled out last season when his ankle was "offside" in the play before an opposition player touched it?

Consistency when it suits, it seems.

Moss has joined Kevin Friend on my list of referees I'd like to see squished by a train. **** him, the corrupt fat ****.

Two games in a row, we've been conned by shit officiating. What is the point in even playing when the people who enforce the rules are so incompetent and/or bent?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

John Moss can be a crap as he likes for offsides, we now have a system to correct these mistakes. 

I'm perplexed why var didn't reverse it, was there a breakdown in communication? 

No they checked it and deemed it fair! The ex-referee said the goal shouldn't have stood.

Just now, regular_john said:

Moss has joined Kevin Friend on my list of referees I'd like to see squished by a train. **** him, the corrupt fat ****.

Two games in a row, we've been conned by shit officiating. What is the point in even playing when the people who enforce the rules are so incompetent and/or bent?

He have the penalty to utd last year when Fernandes stood on konsa

He was already on my list 

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No they checked it and deemed it fair! The ex-referee said the goal shouldn't have stood.

The most damming thing. Was that BT sport said the PL had been in touch - and then Peter Walton said the goal was good. 

He's a qualified ref isn't he ? - either the rules changed or PW didn't know them. As a pundit ref I thought he would.

• Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Mings has been mr casual for months. He needs a short spell out of the 11 to have a think.

He played well until that brain fart, where he thinks he has the touch and ball control of John Terry.

Funny how these ludicrous decisions always seem to be against Aston Villa isnt it? Im not going mad but we have had the full array of mind blowing obvious decisions go against us. Every time. Never for us; always against us. 

Any other ref in any other game blows for offside the second the ball is in the air. Any other player coming back that far offside doesnt even attempt to challenge for the ball. To get away with it and it leads directly to a goal is the biggest farce you’ll see.

• Like 1

Â