Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think McGinn is being asked to sit more than he probably wants to. He's been good alongside Douglas Luiz but that's a position more natural to Douglas Luiz and so will shine more. 

McGinn is a warrior though and very important to us. I would never describe him as a weak link. If Sanson is even as good I'll be delighted.

I understand that Sanson will have a few strengths above McGinn and vice versa. We'll need both and I can't wait to see it play out.

Except when mcginn is further forward he and us as a team are actively bad. He never defends when he is further forward beyond pressing their defense. He stands near the striker and never comes short and is very greedy in terms of shooting the ball instead of looking to make the final pass.

McGinn cannot and should not play as a Cam for us because he is 1/3 as good as he is when he is a DM. And he is inconsistent there as well. 

If he is willing to come and join us with all the covid uncertainty he must be keen (or getting a good pay rise!) Fair play to him. 

Pleased with this. Good replacement for Conor , if he gets into the current 1st 11 it will be on merit. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Except when mcginn is further forward he and us as a team are actively bad. He never defends when he is further forward beyond pressing their defense. He stands near the striker and never comes short and is very greedy in terms of shooting the ball instead of looking to make the final pass.

McGinn cannot and should not play as a Cam for us because he is 1/3 as good as he is when he is a DM. And he is inconsistent there as well. 

He may maraud. I don't recall him playing CAM.

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Other teams don't seem to be signing anyone or can't afford to right now so it's a bit of a statement to complete this one. 

This signing will annoy fans of most other clubs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If he raises his game and avoids injury up to seasons end i would be extremely happy to get him permanently, but if he doesnt we need to say "not punting money on this, lets spend the 30m elsewhere", and amazingly i have confidence now that we would spend that 30m well.

I'd trust our brain trust to get two more good players at 15m each if it came to it.

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

When ever Conor played mcginn was cam. And most of the time lats season he was a second striker without any movement. 

You've lost me a bit. That's last season. We were a bit all over the place then with less resources. We're talking about McGinn this season and he's played his part well.

Â