Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

No but we are awaiting confirmation that he was on his way to Sheffield United and the scouting guru that is Chris Wilder, before we rudely interrupted and stole the transfer.

And then they sign one of the Longstaff brothers for £25m instead

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He'll replace Barkley... or be an alternative to Barkley at least.

He seems more a box to box guy so competition for McGinn. You can easily see them in the same team too.

Options.

• Like 3

Sanson has experience playing in both those positions but his best quality seems to be as a McGinn type.

This is why I thought he could be a McGinn upgrade IF Barkley signs with us.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He seems more a box to box guy so competition for McGinn. You can easily see them in the same team too.

Options.

Do people think we won't be trying for Barkley if the finances work.and he wants to come? We've just replaced hourihane with him long term, no affect on Barkley or not.

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Mr, it's hard for me :crylaugh:

It is a common term used on the continent for the coach.

There is a book called "Mister" by Rory Smith which explains the origins of this term.It goes back English men who went to different countries and became coaches. Mister was used by the players to address them

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He'll replace Barkley... or be an alternative to Barkley at least.

I think it’s sensible planning. Get in a good CM now in case Barkley doesn’t come permanently and/or City buy Douglas Luiz. If we end up keeping all of them then fantastic.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sanson has experience playing in both those positions but his best quality seems to be as a McGinn type.

This is why I thought he could be a McGinn upgrade IF Barkley signs with us.

Very much doubt he'll be better than McGinn - think we shouldn't expect too much too soon. 

8 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Very much doubt he'll be better than McGinn - think we shouldn't expect too much too soon. 

McGinn has been our worst regular starter this season. By a lot. He has had more bad games than good games. And he is so inconsistent. On top of that he doesn't maintain his fitness when not playing which results in very poor games from him. He presses out of position. Gets lazily beat, and doesn't track back. 

He is still generally good but he is our weak link atm. So signing a player who is definitely and upgrade on him defensively is good. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

McGinn has been our worst regular starter this season. By a lot. He has had more bad games than good games. And he is so inconsistent. On top of that he doesn't maintain his fitness when not playing which results in very poor games from him. 

Way harsh!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Do people think we won't be trying for Barkley if the finances work.and he wants to come? We've just replaced hourihane with him long term, no affect on Barkley or not.

I think(/hope) we'll move Grealish back into the middle and buy a fast LW. I also don't expect us to be able to reach a fiscally sensible deal for Barkley.

I love Barkley and think he has all the ability in the world, but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired if he ends up being a £40m player. I also think we could potentially get someone absolutely class for the same money, particularly when you take into account European clubs finances atm. 

To those who have watched Rodrigo De Paul: if both were available for £40m, who would you prefer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Way harsh!

It is a fact. Who among our regular starter would you say was worse? 

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, Grealish or Watkins?

You could maybe include traore in that but I wouldn't maybe after another 5 games yes but not right now. 

I think McGinn is being asked to sit more than he probably wants to. He's been good alongside Douglas Luiz but that's a position more natural to Douglas Luiz and so will shine more. 

McGinn is a warrior though and very important to us. I would never describe him as a weak link. If Sanson is even as good I'll be delighted.

I understand that Sanson will have a few strengths above McGinn and vice versa. We'll need both and I can't wait to see it play out.

I have seen him play a fair few times, granted some of it was back in his Montpellier days. He is a versatile and well rounded midfielder so can do a job in multiple roles.

Barkley is currently not a 90 minutes player, McGinn is good if not at top form but will need a break from time to time, as will Luiz. There will also be suspensions and injuries. Nakamba did a good job yesterday and Ramsey is very talented, but Sanson adds a player who will step in and keep the quality level and maybe even improve it from time to time. 

What's not to like? He's not a player we would have been able to attract last season.

• Like 2

Â