Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

I think people need to remember that Sanson came into the team just after Grealish became injured, he then missed the games after Jacks return due to injury himself. During that period we played our worst football of the season.

Sanson needs a full season in a fully fit team; players like Grealish and Buendia will take a lot of pressure off him in midfield and allow him space to get his feet in the PL.

No one should be judging him off a couple of cameos last season.

• Like 1

How can you judges a player on 291 mins of football? He’s averaged 30 mins per game , he wasn’t expected to jump in immediately and make a impact,  we’ve signed him with an eye on the next season.

I remember reading a number of articles when we signed him stating how much of a good fit he was for the premier league based on his style etc. 

Must also have been extremely difficult to move to a new country and basically be in lockdown for everything but your job.

I find it amazing that we have actually been able to get him in 6 months early to start that settling in and adaption process. If he’s fit I think he’ll be an important player for us next season. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah neat and tidy is how I'd describe him with hopefully more to come.

Mind you I thought exactly the same about Matthieu Berson and then Makoun years back thinking they'd be really good after settling in and never happened for either for a few reasons.

Veretout also had that air about him and gone on to have good career in Serie A.

Fair to be cautious, but one would hope being part of a team that is far more upwardly mobile in it's direction, surrounded by better players will maximise his chances

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think it's so much as people were writing him off or arez he's kind of done that himself abit with openly admitting he's struggling.

Now I'm not done with him yet myself, I think there's a player there, he certainly seemed fast as well, with nice passing.

I do agree that he shouldn't be written off yet, just like Wesley really he has to be given the chance to come back and make a go of things in a patient way.

Not sure what quotes you are referring to. He did definitely state when he joined that he was not at the right fitness levels and took a while to get up to speed.

I think it is incredibly rare for a player from another country/league to come in and immediately adapt  to the Premiership and show their best form and skills.\

I saw glimpses of a good player and glimpses of a player who struggled with the pace and physicality of the league, plus as pointed out without Grealish our midfield often looked like a load of headless chickens.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

How can you judges a player on 291 mins of football? He’s averaged 30 mins per game , he wasn’t expected to jump in immediately and make a impact,  we’ve signed him with an eye on the next season.

honestly, it's nothing. wouldn't pass a legitimate t-test ffs.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd be interested how you would conduct legitimate t-tests in football.

it was thrown out as a metaphor in jest. I suppose number of games played?

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

But that's part of the point - he is no stranger to injuries.

Anyone expecting him to be in the first 11 next August and then complete a whole run of games is niave in the extreme.

Latest rumour on sanson is that he has turned into a nightmare to deal with and now the club want to move him on..

very strange and im not sure if i believe it but it came from a usually reliable source.

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Latest rumour on sanson is that he has turned into a nightmare to deal with and now the club want to move him on..

very strange and im not sure if i believe it but it came from a usually reliable source.

Was that source linked in any way, shape, size or form to the medical profession ?

27 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

What source is that?

Because is seriously doubt it. We place a key part of our recruitment emphasis on personality. 

And again his previous manager literally quit because he was sold. Unless he doesn't trust our medical staff then I'm not sure how he would be difficult to manage. 

Given football insider reported it. I'm going to say it's a bald faced lie. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

You're literally quoting a football insider article from two months back that was bullsh*t back then, or a source that is quoting that cack. No credible source has ever said anything negative about the player.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hippo said:

But that's part of the point - he is no stranger to injuries.

Anyone expecting him to be in the first 11 next August and then complete a whole run of games is niave in the extreme.

I expect him to play a solid part of next season and I can spell naive. A place in the starting 11 depends on who else we sign and his recovery from injury.

Edit, people are entitled to their opinion, just seems a bit odd to judge him so soon.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hippo said:

He looks totally unsuited to the English game. I can't help thinking we saw a player previously valued at £30m available for £15m and pounced.

Fringe player at best for me.

He admitted himself he was surprised by the relentless pace of the Premier League. His YT reel shows him as a real tenacious battler, he looks to have everything you might expect from a PL battling midfielder. It’s a shame he got injured as he barely got much of a chance, we were crying out for him last 8-10 games. If there’s one lesson we’ve all learned, acclimatising to this division takes time, they’ve all needed it. Excited to see him and Traore next season.

Edited by thunderball

38 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He admitted himself he was surprised by the relentless pace of the Premier League. His YT reel shows him as a real tenacious battler, he looks to have everything you might expect from a PL battling midfielder. It’s a shame he got injured as he barely got much of a chance, we were crying out for him last 8-10 games. If there’s one lesson we’ve all learned, acclimatising to this division takes time, they’ve all needed it. Excited to see him and Traore next season.

I think the plan was rather than sign in the summer (as originally planned), they would get him in early and integrate him gradually without pressure so he would hit the ground running next season.

That kind of went the window when our midfield continuously underperformed during a slump in form and results, plus Jack's injury. Sanson was thrown in at the deep end a few times, not saying that was wrong, just saying it was a tough ask. Will he succeed or fail in a Villa shirt, who knows.

11 hours ago, hippo said:

He looks totally unsuited to the English game. I can't help thinking we saw a player previously valued at £30m available for £15m and pounced.

Fringe player at best for me.

It's funny how people see things differently. Personally I think his style looks suited to a tee to what the English top division game has developed into.

• Like 1

Â