Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

He looks totally unsuited to the English game. I can't help thinking we saw a player previously valued at £30m available for £15m and pounced.

Fringe player at best for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

He looks totally unsuited to the English game. I can't help thinking we saw a player previously valued at £30m available for £15m and pounced.

Yes we know you dont rate him and have written off and called him a flop 

8 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Give him a chance to get settled at least.

Had already called him a flop since day 1.Did it to Guilbert too which makes look like an anti french agenda 🙄

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Had already called him a flop since day 1.Did it to Guilbert too which makes look like an anti french agenda 🙄

Sod the Hundred Years War, enter the 684 Years War

• Like 1

At the bottom of the Sanson article it says (and links to another article) that says that the hierarchy are frustrated because Connor Hourihane was sent to Swansea to get Sanson in. 

And that questions are being asked about Dean because of that decision, that we lacked Hourihanes creativity with Jack out.

I think we can safely file it under bollocks. Yes we lacked creativity, but Hourihane was not the answer, the article is a massive reach start to finish. I do think it's a tad strange that they've looked to Morgan Sanson to make up a bullshit article about as nobody outside of Villa would have heard of him. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

At the bottom of the Sanson article it says (and links to another article) that says that the hierarchy are frustrated because Connor Hourihane was sent to Swansea to get Sanson in. 

And that questions are being asked about Dean because of that decision, that we lacked Hourihanes creativity with Jack out.

I think we can safely file it under bollocks. Yes we lacked creativity, but Hourihane was not the answer, the article is a massive reach start to finish. I do think it's a tad strange that they've looked to Morgan Sanson to make up a bullshit article about as nobody outside of Villa would have heard of him. 

It's a troll article. An impressive effort as it clearly caught out a few, but the fact its from FI means it should be treated as garbage. 

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah - I got on the phone to dean  [Irony /on]

Hippo "That Guilberts shite  Dean  - Ship him out and get matty cash in "

DS "are you sure mate - I though he was ok"

Hippo "Nah hes shite mate"

DS "OK - I will do as you say - loan him out and promote a 35 year old as back up" 

Some of his touches in the first few appearances were pure class. Pity he got injured but with a full pre-season he’ll be an all action CM in an area we need both quality and depth. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

9 matches, most from the bench...

S'il vous plait mec!

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he looked ok in his few games. Just a little lightweight and not yet quite with the speed of the league. But you could definitely see a decent player in there. It’s a shame he got injured. 

Yeah neat and tidy is how I'd describe him with hopefully more to come.

Mind you I thought exactly the same about Matthieu Berson and then Makoun years back thinking they'd be really good after settling in and never happened for either for a few reasons.

Veretout also had that air about him and gone on to have good career in Serie A.

Edited by VillaChris

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

"Smith let him out on loan" 

Yes because Smith negotiates transfers and loans because that is what his job is hmmm. 

Football insider is the worst. 

Also, wasn't Smith supposedly "unhappy" with letting Hourihane go in the first place? But because he wanted to play regularly and due to the high regard the club hold him in, they agreed to let him go?

You can tell he wasn’t used to the speed and quality of the league. He needs to train very hard to get himself fit and sharp enough. He pretty much admitted it himself.  Footballing ability is clearly there. 

That’s what pre season will be all about.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can tell he wasn’t used to the speed and quality of the league. He needs to train very hard to get himself fit and sharp enough. He pretty much admitted it himself.  Footballing ability is clearly there. 

That’s what pre season will be all about.

For me I think it's foolish to write off anyone, player or manager, before they've had a proper pre-season, as they've not really had the time to fit into the style of the team, so you're just playing game after game on instinct. Same goes in reverse too, a player that comes in half way through the season and hits the ground running may not be the same player once they have to fit to a system more rigidly.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

When he admits that he's struggling while it's a lovely admittance it's also one that is cause for concern.

I do hope he can pull it together but I have a feeling that we won't see him and it could be a samatta type signing. If that happens hopefully we can find a player that's on the level of Watkins because what a time that was getting rid of Samatta to bring Watkins in his place.

I will wish Samson all the luck in the world because if he tries and tries real hard then maybe he can make it work and I wish nothing more for our players to make it work at Villa.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

When he admits that he's struggling while it's a lovely admittance it's also one that is cause for concern.

I do hope he can pull it together but I have a feeling that we won't see him and it could be a samatta type signing. If that happens hopefully we can find a player that's on the level of Watkins because what a time that was getting rid of Samatta to bring Watkins in his place.

I will wish Samson all the luck in the world because if he tries and tries real hard then maybe he can make it work and I wish nothing more for our players to make it work at Villa.

is he John Cena?

I'm more concerned about the severity of his injury and how it will impact his preseason, rather than cobbling together a load of random, weak reasons he won't succeed seemingly out of abject boredom.

People writing off a player after 9 appearances, most of which were from the bench is a new record for Villatalk.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

is he John Cena?

I'm more concerned about the severity of his injury and how it will impact his preseason, rather than cobbling together a load of random, weak reasons he won't succeed seemingly out of abject boredom.

People writing off a player after 9 appearances, most of which were from the bench is a new record for Villatalk.

I don't think it's so much as people were writing him off or arez he's kind of done that himself abit with openly admitting he's struggling.

Now I'm not done with him yet myself, I think there's a player there, he certainly seemed fast as well, with nice passing.

I do agree that he shouldn't be written off yet, just like Wesley really he has to be given the chance to come back and make a go of things in a patient way.

Â