Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

40 minutes ago, hippo said:

Even if it ligament damage 5 months is towards the upper end of the expected recovery and that's for the ordinary Joe in the street without access to quality of care & treatments available to MS.

Strange - but the club have never given a diagnosis of the injury (tbf they don't for any player unless a major injury) - the most we heard was "twisted knee" and then MS saying it was much worse than first thought. He did also say something along the lines that he was struggling with the intensity of the PL - I wonder now if he is working on that aspect.

We know from a recent example that Wesley took well over 12 months. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, hippo said:

Even if it ligament damage 5 months is towards the upper end of the expected recovery and that's for the ordinary Joe in the street without access to quality of care & treatments available to MS.

Strange - but the club have never given a diagnosis of the injury (tbf they don't for any player unless a major injury) - the most we heard was "twisted knee" and then MS saying it was much worse than first thought. He did also say something along the lines that he was struggling with the intensity of the PL - I wonder now if he is working on that aspect.

Have you heard of Wesley Moraes, he seemed to do some ligament damage and was put for 15 months. ACLs are often 9 month injuries if he did another knee ligament the recovery time may be shorter

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The thing that greatly

Interesting also that those dips and troughs all happened without any human interaction.  Even if we do somehow manage to help slow down climate change,  there is going to be an event that wipes us out at some point, completely beyond our control. 

Grim extinction thoughts aside, Sanson back in the squad is great news (albeit relatively insignificant).

Absolutely right.

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The thing that greatly

Interesting also that those dips and troughs all happened without any human interaction.  Even if we do somehow manage to help slow down climate change,  there is going to be an event that wipes us out at some point, completely beyond our control. 

Grim extinction thoughts aside, Sanson back in the squad is great news (albeit relatively insignificant).

We have lived through the most stable period in earth's history. But we as a species are far better adapted to surviving temperature change. The issue is none of our contemporary species are. And yes those dips and troughs occurred without human interaction but eventually we will reach a point where we can terraform the planet. But the change in temperature in recent years has occurred far more rapidly than any of those changes perhaps save for the great dying which isn't really a bar you want to compare to. 

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

Even if it ligament damage 5 months is towards the upper end of the expected recovery and that's for the ordinary Joe

Ligament damage usually takes longer than 5 months for an athlete and also an athlete's recovery period will be longer than an ordinary Joe as they need it to recovery to a greater extent. Also, the club said a 'twisted knee', it is the ACL that controls the twisting movement of the knee. That kept Wes out for about 15 months

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

20 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Playing devil’s advocate, he just might not be very good. That encompasses ability, fitness, conditioning etc. Who knows. The same question has been bandied around at united with van de beek, although no injury, they might not like what they are seeing day to day.

Him being given the number 8 shirt would suggest they think the opposite imo. 

28 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Ligament damage usually takes longer than 5 months for an athlete and also an athlete's recovery period will be longer than an ordinary Joe as they need it to recovery to a greater extent. Also, the club said a 'twisted knee', it is the ACL that controls the twisting movement of the knee. That kept Wes out for about 15 months

All ligaments in the knee are involved in 'twisting'.

The ACL won't heal itself without surgery but the others generally do.

Wesley i would say tore every ligament in his knee joint and damaged cartilage and probably had a small avulsion fracture as well. He is lucky he isn't walking with a permanent limp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

The thing that greatly

Eh? So we should ignore the fact that we’re causing our own demise ‘cause if we don’t kill ourselves something else will?

That’s the most nihilistic argument i’ve ever heard.

The timescales on that graph are difficult to tell because of scale, but the current rate of climate change is only comparable with meteor impacts in the historical record. Those always work out well right? 

Go Sanson.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What makes you think the club didn’t know the timeframe?

they might have done....I'm talking about us, fans.

We like to know, when a player is due back....my point was, if I/we knew the injury, it might be easier to guesstimate.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

they might have done....I'm talking about us, fans.

We like to know, when a player is due back....my point was, if we knew the injury, it might be easier to guesstimate.

It is interesting that the type of injury was never announced. Not to slip into any sort of conspiracy talk but I don't think I've ever seen a team withhold injury information. Or is there some sort of non-disclosure thing keeping them from releasing the specifics?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It is interesting that the type of injury was never announced. Not to slip into any sort of conspiracy talk but I don't think I've ever seen a team withhold injury information. Or is there some sort of non-disclosure thing keeping them from releasing the specifics?

Its  weird one ,for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I'm taking ligament damage to mean a sprain not a tear. For a tear I would agree. 

55 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Remember discombobulated 

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We know from a recent example that Wesley took well over 12 months. 

Massively different injury.

Wesley ruptured and shredded ligaments. Pretty much the next morning the prognosis was clear.

I'm making the assumption that MS only sprained his. He jogged of the pitch - Wesley was stretchered off - initially it was thought MS injury was only minor. I can't believe the AV physios or the player himself would miss ruptured or torn ligaments (you generally hear them go - and the area bruises pretty rapidly).

For whatever reason it was a minor injury that didn't rehab as expected  - or there was a further injury after the initial one.

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Have you heard of Wesley Moraes, he seemed to do some ligament damage and was put for 15 months. ACLs are often 9 month injuries if he did another knee ligament the recovery time may be shorter

I'm making the assumption Morgan didn't do his ACL.

Some ligaments can rehab in as little as 3 weeks. 

If Morgan did his ACL I stand corrected. 

But just because both injuries mention ligament doesn't mean they are in any way comparable. 

Google it if you don't believe me.

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Eh? So we should ignore the fact that we’re causing our own demise ‘cause if we don’t kill ourselves something else will?

That’s the most nihilistic argument i’ve ever heard.

The timescales on that graph are difficult to tell because of scale, but the current rate of climate change is only comparable with meteor impacts in the historical record. Those always work out well right? 

Go Sanson.

I didn't say that, read it again

Â