Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Teams value players at a higher value than the sell all the time. Ross barkley for instance 40 mil and 15 mil to Chelsea.

He was a 30-40 mil player. But they needed a sale. So whilst there may have been suitors at 30 mil they needed a quick move and didn't have time for negotiating a high fee. We were interested last summer at 30 mil. And when we realised his price had dipped we were all over it. 

That must be one poorly run club if they are selling £40m players for £15m.

You would expect to see the true player this season, whatever that is. Time to settle into the country and pace of the league.

If he doesn't impress by the end of the year he may be at risk of being sold I suppose.

• Like 1

After we lost the play-off final in 2018 against Fulham we were in a financial mess, if Edens and Sawiris hadn't have invested in us then we ourselves would have had no choice but to sell some of our players for fees less than their true value.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

That must be one poorly run club if they are selling £40m players for £15m.

We almost sold grealish for probably 20 mil less than what we would have wanted at the time. 

Marseille were banking on a new TV deal and it didn't transpire so they were **** and were forced to sell him to make up the books. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We almost sold grealish for probably 20 mil less than what we would have wanted at the time. 

Marseille were banking on a new TV deal and it didn't transpire so they were **** and were forced to sell him to make up the books. 

Ok - lucky us 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-morgan-sanson-transfer-19774359

And Purslow has explained that the deal was done because it made financial sense. 

“The window itself, generally, very clearly was an extremely unusual window, I think total volumes were 70 percent of the previous window, the lowest aggregate spending since 2012,” he told VillaTV . 

“In many ways, I think January was the day of reckoning for the extraordinary financial impact that the Corona crisis has had on football from the very top-down.

“So yes, it was a remarkably quiet window, and I must admit from our standpoint our focus really is generally speaking looking on summer windows as the key strategic moment when you refresh and you improve your squad.

That said, Naseef (Sawiris and Wes (Edens) were quite clear to myself, Johan (Lange) and Dean (Smith) if we felt that a strategic opportunity, that would normally be taking place next summer, could be done early, because of the crisis and the financial backdrop enabled us to complete a transaction on more favourable terms that what might be in the normal market conditions, then I’m absolutely thrilled that they gave us the freedom to do so.

“We thought we were able to complete the signing of Morgan Sanson on terms that, let's face it, when we enquired about him in the summer, were substantially higher.

• Like 1

Read an article I now can’t find that suggested that we are looking to off load Sanson, and he was difficult to manage? Questions were being made about recruitment and poor research? Anyone else see anything along these lines?

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Read an article I now can’t find that suggested that we are looking to off load Sanson, and he was difficult to manage? Questions were being made about recruitment and poor research? Anyone else see anything along these lines?

This one?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-sanson-big-mistake-deal/amp/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

What a load of shit , 'Smith under pressure for letting Hourihane go.out on.loan' was the highlight. No mention of the injury and the fact he looked like our best midfielder  in a team that was struggling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

Football Insider.....

They make the Birmingham Mail look like a respectable news source.....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tinker said:

What a load of shit , 'Smith under pressure for letting Hourihane go.out on.loan' was the highlight. No mention of the injury and the fact he looked like our best midfielder  in a team that was struggling. 

"Smith let him out on loan" 

Yes because Smith negotiates transfers and loans because that is what his job is hmmm. 

Football insider is the worst. 

Just now, thunderball said:

Would like to see:

jack  -      watkins -      buendia

McGinn 

sanson      Louiz

targett  -  mings  -  konsa  -  cash

Martinez

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

it's a rubbish source but get the feeling he hasn't settled in that well. Guess we'll see soon enough in pre season if he features regularly.

Why? Because he had 2 injuries in quick succession? He was featured in the video in regards to. The new training ground. Unlikely for them to do that if they are going to dump him. 

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why? Because he had 2 injuries in quick succession? He was featured in the video in regards to. The new training ground. Unlikely for them to do that if they are going to dump him. 

Little things like lack of updates of his fitness. I mean was he ruled out for the season or was he fit for run in but didn't make the bench ahead of Ramsey or Carney? No idea if DS was ever asked with constant questions about Jack in those times but when Barkley was out injured for two months we had the infamous "he'll be back" next game quotes for about  5 games running. We also knew quickly what was up with Trez whereas seems just general vagueness about Sanson.

Seems to me a bit if Dean isn't happy with a foreign signing it isn't long until they get frozen out. Kalinic was very odd considering we gave Nyland countless chances to prove himself, Gulibert could've stayed and got decent minutes if he stayed but off he went in January and Engels hasn't played a single minute since March 2020 now when he was a regular right at the start of 19/20 so it's a little odd and wouldn't totally shock me if we're floating him around europe given the Ward Prowse links and someone like Carney coming through.

They are only so many 8 types we can play in the midfield after all.

Â