Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

From the highlights, Sanson looks like a human guided missile, he just conquers the ball and blasts off straight towards the opposition's goal, no matter where he is and the number of hindrances directly ahead. Our own terminator, I like the sound of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don't see Morgan Sanson as a replacement for Douglas Luiz, I see him being insurance against Barkley's injuries.

Dean will play one of McGinn, Sanson, Luiz in the Barkley role, if Ross struggles for game time.

In that video under similar players James Ward Prowse is listed which should please you if it turns out to be true.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

He's been linked to Wolves a few times as a successor to Moutinho, and from the videos I've seen that's the player he reminds me the most of.

Got 20 year old vitinha in on loan instead, will be a good player but he's not ready yet so had very little impact for them this season

I would take a wil guess as to who his agent is... Thats where wolves have gone wrong this year, gone too young, too inexperienced 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

From the videos I've seen and I've been going through BT sport's back catalogue of Marseille games he's definitely got the right footed Mcginn about him.

The more I see this, and the statistical analysis that was posted comparing the two, the happier I am.

Not just because I think a right footed McGinn would bring exceptional balance to the side,  but because I came to the same conclusion after watching 1 minute of highlights.

Maybe it is possible to watch a highlights reel and come to the right conclusion?

I always like to see one or two well thought out transfers in the Jan window. 

The way I look at it is like this. Is he better than Houirhane? I hope so, so is it a step up in terms of quality of squad? Again, I hope so. 

I've been a big fan of Conor since he arrived. He has been really quality in both the Championship and the Prem. I'll miss him. 

Can truthfully say I had never heard of him prior to this thread but will be very excited if this one goes through, albeit based on one YouTube video :P 

I like Conor but this guy looks an upgrade in terms of his overall play - looks to have a bit of everything; pace, skill, touch, vision, comfortable on the ball, aggression, decent striker of the ball. Hope it happens! 

He's an exciting player with a lot of talent and a steal in todays market, particularly in January, if the figures being touted are to be believed.

We'll be one of the hardest sides to press in the league with a midfield of Jack, McGinn and Sanson (not to mention Barkley who can also drive with the ball).

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

For the McGinn comparison people..

Using data provided by Opta, McGinn and Sanson are much closer in terms of their play than some may think. The French midfielder bests Aston Villa’s current number seven in a few areas across last season, including total touches (1386 [+80]), ball recoveries (161 [+10]), passes attempted (816 [+100]) and pass accuracy (86.03% [+5%]). McGinn is on top, however, when it comes to take on success, ground and aerial duels, clearances and interceptions.

https://underagaslitlamp.com/2021/01/19/mcginn-twin-what-the-prospective-morgan-sanson-deal-offers-to-aston-villa/

Im not surprised at this, Ive just watched his clip for the first time, he is Mcginn minus the arse!

• Like 1

Â