Weekends Football 16/17 January

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he get Portsmouth to the FA CUP final, thats already better than Lampard CV 😂

No doubt he's better than Lampard. If the connections weren't there, Lampard would just be taking his first senior coaching job (not has a head coach) about now after working with the U23s for a few years.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unfortunate red in the sense they don't give those anywhere near as much as they should.

I think it’s a very soft red. Azpilicueta rolling 20 times and getting the physio on hasn’t done him any favours. Was never going to get overturned though.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I think it’s a very soft red. Azpilicueta rolling 20 times and getting the physio on hasn’t done him any favours. Was never going to get overturned though.

Maybe it was a bit soft as he was in the air. I don't have too much sympathy though as those excessive follow throughs cause major injuries when the players leg is planted. I'd like to see Ben Mee get a red or two!

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Maybe it was a bit soft as he was in the air. I don't have too much sympathy though as those excessive follow throughs cause major injuries when the players leg is planted. I'd like to see Ben Mee get a red or two!

I just didn’t see it as a particularly dangerous tackle. The replays in full speed look like he’s just late and a yellow card all day. VAR slowing things down will always make it look more dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea look lost. No sense of direction or intent. 

I couldn't tell you how they play outside of Chilwell putting in a few crosses a game and Mount constantly shooting from the edge of the box and I've watched them about 10 times this season.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I couldn't tell you how they play outside of Chilwell putting in a few crosses a game and Mount constantly shooting from the edge of the box and I've watched them about 10 times this season.

Its pretty much an expensively assembled Bruceball, just hoping your players can produce some magic vs the lesser teams. Lampard is tactically clueless

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Southampton game will be just as tough as Man City on Wednesday. Their pressing is top notch and we always struggle with that.

Yes weather the storm first half and they tire second. 

• Like 1

Â