Gaming News 2021

villa4europe

KOTOR is in my top 3 of all time, I played it very late in 2015 and even with the clunky gameplay (that will no doubt be sorted out with this) it was an incredible experience. Anyone that likes Star Wars and hasn't played this yet, absolutely has to get this. 

Cautiously optimistic about the KotoR remake. Aspyr aren’t the most competent of developers and don’t seem to have improved much over the years, Republic Commando remaster was bare bones and ran abysmally on Switch. I don’t trust them to do a good enough job with KotoR.

Was hoping for a new Infamous, more in game footage of GT7 plus a few more remasters so I can shift a few more ps1/ps2 games off my shelf.

Edited by Ingram85

And me, I like the original games RPG esque elements, the almost levelling up of your cars, the win a race use the money to upgrade your shitty car in order to win the next one, the overwhelming array of options, the licenses, the various different paths you can take through it, the actual racing element of it all is the downside to it

That's why I'm not in to forza, I don't appreciate the racing like I should, you can start in a focus RS, audi TT or a charger... Not for me, I want to spend the first 3 hours of the game completing piss easy 2 lap races in a 30 year old mx5 earning enough money to buy an impreza followed by a skyline, the games actually get less interesting when you get the million dollar supercars 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Cautiously optimistic about the KotoR remake. Aspyr aren’t the most competent of developers and don’t seem to have improved much over the years, Republic Commando remaster was bare bones and ran abysmally on Switch. I don’t trust them to do a good enough job with KotoR.

Was hoping for a new Infamous, more in game footage of GT7 plus a few more remasters so I can shift a few more ps1/ps3 games off my shelf.

They need to modernise the combat system which will make or break it, it'll be 2023 if we're lucky, FF7 part 2 will be out before that will

What remasters do you want out of interest? I'm surprised jak hasn't been touched for so long now, they could also potentially reboot old series with a successful remaster like killzone, resistance, I still think with all these games Sony don't have a good shooter, socom and syphon filter are in remake territory now not remaster 

Bluepoint are currently working on nothing... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They need to modernise the combat system which will make or break it, it'll be 2023 if we're lucky, FF7 part 2 will be out before that will

What remasters do you want out of interest? I'm surprised jak hasn't been touched for so long now, they could also potentially reboot old series with a successful remaster like killzone, resistance, I still think with all these games Sony don't have a good shooter, socom and syphon filter are in remake territory now not remaster 

Bluepoint are currently working on nothing... 

Bugger, sorry I meant PS2 not PS3.

Too many to mention but yeah deffo a Killzone remake would be welcome. I’d really like a MGS1 remake or failing that a straight port and up-rez of Twin Snakes. The Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain games. Driver 1, 2 and Parallel Lines. Burnout 2 & 3 and NFS Underground 1 & 2. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

No doubt they'll do gex instead... 

Around 2014/5 after the tomb raider reboot had been done and darksiders was still considered a good series they should have done soul reaver, it would have been a hit

The PS1 to remaster for me will always be vagrant story, I'd like fear effect too, PS2 would be onimisha albeit I think ghost has that box ticked

Bit late.... but I am buzzed for Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok and KOTOR remake. And Insomniac doing a Wolverine game has totally made me giddy. They're gonna smash it. 

Kena Bridge of spirits getting good enough reviews depending on how much the review enjoys what it borrows from zelda, even saw one say its the perfect game for zeldas 35th anniversary

been one of my most anticipated games since the PS5 first reveal stuff (alongside deathloop so it's a good week) I know @Daweii will be playing it too at some point, looks beautiful and it's a tarted up indie game basically so it's cheap too

Shame Sony didn't give it a push on last week's show

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2021 at 19:11, villa4europe said:

Rumours flying about that Konami bosses have had a foot up their ass and decided to get back in to gaming

Silent Hill, castlevania and MGS 3 for some reason talked about for a remake, remaster and new game in the series 

Perhaps Covid made them realise relying on pachinko machines while they had IP sat around wasn't a great idea.

On 04/10/2021 at 19:11, villa4europe said:

Rumours flying about that Konami bosses have had a foot up their ass and decided to get back in to gaming

Silent Hill, castlevania and MGS 3 for some reason talked about for a remake, remaster and new game in the series 

A Metal Gear Solid Remake starting with MGS3 makes sense if they are going to remake the series in chronological order. MGS3 is the first game is the series from a timeline perspective. 

The remasters feel more like them getting the series onto modern consoles before they remake MGS, which will likely see sweeping changes made. Konami have likely been inspired in recent years by what Capcom have done with the Resident Evil Remakes.

As for Silent Hill. I assume Bloober Team are making at least one of the Silent Hill games in development given the deal they signed with Konami earlier this year.

It's all potentially good news. The fact that Konami are willing to work with external partners is the promising part, as Konami themselves are still a bit of a dumpster fire as eFootball has shown the world. 

• Like 2

I've been quite tempted to pick up the PS2 classics version of the trilogy from PSN from time to time, just for some nostalgia. 

I'll be buying this, I guess it'll be a full price release, with trophy support, updated graphics, maybe some updated UI features and the driving model and pedestrian AI from GTAV for all the games? 

Kind of a shame the 'Stories' games aren't included, to make it a proper retrospective for that era of GTA games - perhaps they'll be a bit further down the line. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hogso said:

I've been quite tempted to pick up the PS2 classics version of the trilogy from PSN from time to time, just for some nostalgia. 

I'll be buying this, I guess it'll be a full price release, with trophy support, updated graphics, maybe some updated UI features and the driving model and pedestrian AI from GTAV for all the games? 

Kind of a shame the 'Stories' games aren't included, to make it a proper retrospective for that era of GTA games - perhaps they'll be a bit further down the line. 

It’ll be the same games but on high/ultra pc settings and textures with a couple of new lighting effects chucked in, tweaked movement animation and updated controls. Plus the UI and menus will be basic as it will be the same from the mobile port that will also follow.

I’ll be ok with that tbh, with remasters I just want it to look sharp and run on modern tv’s instead of digging out old my old OG Xbox copies. I want it to look and still feel how I remember.

Also, at least this way if it turns out ok I can sell my Xbox double pack and PS3 San Andreas and make some space on the shelf.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

The GTA Trilogy - Definitive Edition is the classic trilogy ported to Unreal Engine 4. 

How far Rockstar Dundee have gone with this port is yet to be seen, but Rockstar were nice enough to describe the games for us. I guess they haven't heard the saying "a screenshot is worth a thousand words"

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals.

I have heard its coming out November 11th 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Now of course that's rumour and speculation until Rockstar Games confirm it, but we also know this likely isn't a mobile port because the Android/iOS versions are out in Q1 2022. 

I am personally keeping my expectations low. 4K 60 FPS with improved textures, models and lighting might be the most of it. The fact they will have had to remake a lot of the game from scratch when porting the games from RenderWare to Unreal Engine 4 does throw a wild card into mix, but I am choosing to not get too carried away.

Â