Gaming News 2021

villa4europe

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

So Starfield to be an Xbox exclusive.

Shove it up your arse then Bethesda.

Microsoft own them. Every Bethesda game from now until forever is an Xbox exclusive.

The only exceptions are Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo which are PS5 exclusive for a year due to contractual obligations that were signed before the buy out. 

Also just to prepare you for potential disappointment going forward. Microsoft buying ZeniMax Media got them;

• Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield)
  • id Software (DOOM, Quake, Rage)
  • Arkane Studios (Dishonored, Prey, Deathloop)
  • Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo)
  • MachineGames (Wolfenstein, Indiana Jones)
  • ZeniMax Online (Elder Scrolls Online)

If you're a fan of any of those franchises then any new games in those franchises are also going to be 100% exclusive to Xbox. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Really excited to hear there is going to be a new Saints Row game, especially as its actually a NEW Saints Row and not just a reskinned Saints 3 like 4 and GOOH

As a fan of the first 2 games I’m tentatively excited. I hope it has more character than that reveal trailer showed and I’m hoping we can still create our own character and are not limited to picking one of the four they are promoting. Feels a bit like watch dogs 2 at the mo. Will keep an eye on it. 

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

Microsoft own them. Every Bethesda game from now until forever is an Xbox exclusive.

The only exceptions are Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo which are PS5 exclusive for a year due to contractual obligations that were signed before the buy out. 

Also just to prepare you for potential disappointment going forward. Microsoft buying ZeniMax Media got them;

• Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield)
  • id Software (DOOM, Quake, Rage)
  • Arkane Studios (Dishonored, Prey, Deathloop)
  • Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo)
  • MachineGames (Wolfenstein, Indiana Jones)
  • ZeniMax Online (Elder Scrolls Online)

If you're a fan of any of those franchises then any new games in those franchises are also going to be 100% exclusive to Xbox. 

The crazy thing is for everyone that they've bought... I'm actually not a big fan of any of those games series... I'm really looking forward to deathloop but even fallout and elder scrolls I dont play them 

I'm still yet to see the xbox exclusive to get my knickers wet, don't play halo or gears, play a tiny bit of forza 

Don't know what it is they just don't have a single player knock out the park story driven game and Sony has a lot of them, guarantee that halo will get great reviews because the multiplayer is awesome... Whats the story like? Good luck... Thats how its always been

There does seem to be 2 machines that are incredibly similar but 2 approaches that are actually growing in how different they are 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Very tempted by that Halo Infinite themed XBSX but there’s still nowt to play for me next gen wise. 

Gone already ffs. Mulled about for a little too long. Getting royally fed up with this new gen of consoles already. 

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Gamescom awarding Halo Xbox game of the year may have made the entire show.

Halo hasn't been worth a damn imo since the original trilogy

Just now, Chindie said:

True. 

But the new one isn't even out and they gave it the game of the year.

That's true. I might give it a go at some point down the road.

I'm more of a Gears fan anyway though.

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

True. 

But the new one isn't even out and they gave it the game of the year.

Those awards are pretty much 100% bought and paid for. It's a form of advertising. There is a reason each category only had like three games in them and Elden Ring was in all three. It's advertising, it means nothing and is a complete meme. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Those awards are pretty much 100% bought and paid for. It's a form of advertising. There is a reason each category only had like three games in them and Elden Ring was in all three. It's advertising, it means nothing and is a complete meme. 

Oh I know it's a charade.

It's just funny awarding something best game for a console when it's not even out yet. 

• Like 2

On 07/09/2021 at 16:48, villa4europe said:

alan wake remaster incoming "this year" its on everything, including playstation

i really enjoyed it, the lighting effects were great 10 years ago or whatever it was so should look amazing on ps5 if they put a bit of shine on it 

Yaaaaasssss, really hope this leads into a fully-realised crossover sequel for both AW and Control.

Just now, Chindie said:

Kotor is basically the only thing shown so far I've much interest in.

Yeah its been a bit shit so far, the square Enix game looks OKish, deathloop I was already sold on, the rest just seems to be stuff we've already seen and I had no interest in 

Feels like they're saving the big guns

Horizon, GoW, new IP finish 

Â