Gaming News 2021

villa4europe

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

We now have a trailer. 

This collection is definitely in the "make the game look how players remember the game looking" bracket of remaster and I don't hate it. I think the upgrade to lighting, shadows and reflections really bring a new dimension to these ageing classics. 

Yeah I'm all over that.

• Like 1

The new version of San Andreas is coming to game pass

The new GTA 3 is coming to PSNow 

Bit strange that, maybe a good sales pitch thinking people will try one for free then pick up the other 2, especially seeing as for me personally vice city is the best of the 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The new version of San Andreas is coming to game pass

The new GTA 3 is coming to PSNow 

Bit strange that, maybe a good sales pitch thinking people will try one for free then pick up the other 2, especially seeing as for me personally vice city is the best of the 3

Not only that, but GTA: San Andreas is a day one launch on Game Pass for console, while GTA III arrives on PSNow a month after the Trilogy releases. 

Plus, where as San Andreas on Game Pass is both the Xbox One and Series X|S versions. GTA III on PSNow is only the PS4 version with no way to upgrade it to the PS5 version. 

Game Pass users are definitely getting the better deal here. I personally prefer Vice City out of the three, but San Andreas sold the most copies so it's definitely the game to scoop up if you're trying to entice people to sub. 

• Like 1

Not an April fools... 

WB is apparently looking at all their properties to then make a crossover fighting game, the rumour includes batman, gandalf, shaggy from scooby doo, Fred flinstone, Harry potter, mad max, Johnny bravo and tom & jerry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty excellent reviews for Guardians of the Galaxy, as long as you like linear story driven single player games. Eidos-Montreal have got a pretty good track record in those stakes now - Deus Ex HR and MD, Thief 2014, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and now this. They're supposedly working on more for Marvel license games for SE, too.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Really hoping that the rumours of Bluepoint doing a PS5 / PC remaster of Bloodborne are true. Would be brilliant.

I like the rumours of them doing the remaster, but I don't like the other rumours of them doing Bloodborne 2. 

I love Bloodborne, it is my all time favourite game, but I don't want a sequel because the game doesn't need one. Bloodborne is a near perfect game that had an expansion that is somehow better than the main game. I don't even trust FromSoftware to make a Bloodborne 2 that does the original game justice, so I'm definitely not going to trust Bluepoint. Yes, Bluepoint make great remakes that follow the source material perfectly, but remakes are like a colouring book, it's way easier to make something good if another company has already laid the foundation for you. 

I truly hope they are working on Bloodborne Remastered, but I hope that is the only Bloodborne project they're working on. 

• Like 2

In possibly the biggest gaming related news of the year so far, 9 months after his six hour long Tokomeki Memorial, Tim Rogers' Cyberpunk 2077 Review, and finale of Action Button season one, is finally out. 

He's broken it up in to a 7 video play list this time, so don't be too discouraged by the 1 hour run time, it's actually 10 hours all told. Hooray! 

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and you have a lot of spare time, start with the first review (FF7R) in the season, and move on from there. Great stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case people were hoping that this would change anything.

It's terrible what has been going on at Actvision Blizzard for years at this point. So much depravity has been swept under the rug and I don't think it's going to change.

Jen Oneal stepped down as Co-Leader of Blizzard because she wasn't paid as much as fellow Co-Leader Mike Ybarra, and she didn't feel like anything was going to change. If Bobby Kotick is here to stay then she was right to leave. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's the game awards tonight, about 1am UK time

The awards themselves aren't actually that interesting IMO but the event serves as a chance to to show some world premier trailers for new stuff for some reason

The rumours include things like a MGS3 remake, chrono trigger remake, new silent hill, new kojima game

The confirmed stuff includes the LOTR gollum game and halo TV series 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's the game awards tonight, about 1am UK time

The awards themselves aren't actually that interesting IMO but the event serves as a chance to to show some world premier trailers for new stuff for some reason

The rumours include things like a MGS3 remake, chrono trigger remake... 

Chrono Cross! See my post in the FF thread. It's an utterly bizarre choice, a Chrono Trigger remake would actually make more sense. 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Never played either and I'm sure they'll rope in enough gamers who know the names but not the difference to make it work still

For us Europeans, the only way to play Cross was via import (or via use of the American PSN on PS3, I guess), as it was never released over here, so it's not unusual at all to not have played it. It's part of a lineage, as far as the dev team goes, that ties it closely to Chrono Trigger, FF6, FF7, and Xenogears - and there'd be a good argument to be made for those 4 games to be the very best things Square ever did. 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

If they do a Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3 remake they can have all the money. All the money.

The Legacy Collection release they did on PS3 was so **** good, man. An announcement of the whole trilogy being remade would be incredible, but I think it'll just be the first. For now, anyway. 

33 minutes ago, hogso said:

The Legacy Collection release they did on PS3 was so **** good, man. An announcement of the whole trilogy being remade would be incredible, but I think it'll just be the first. For now, anyway. 

I still have the HD Collection on the 360, it was great.

When I say MGS1/2/3 I'm not expecting all of them, I mean I'm happy with any of them. I know 1 has been done before (and I even like the Twin Snakes), 2 is the weak entry and 3 has it's quirks, but seriously full remakes of any of them and I'll be overjoyed.

Â