Playoffs 2020-21: Divisional Round

Hornso

I hope that this is the start of the end for the Lamar Jackson hype train 😀

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lamar Jackson is a RB that can throw... some times. He's prone to injury because of what he is asked to do and he struggles to win games he needs to with his arm.

Like RGIII, Kapernick and to an extent Cam Newton (amongst others) before him, his time at the top will be short lived.

As a Browns fan I'm convinced 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Fake news , Brees is 42 as of Friday :) 

It's 2021 .Just being "almost right" news is a level of honesty we are not often exposed to.

It also means the NFC need to start finding some star QB's.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

It's 2021 .Just being "almost right" news is a level of honesty we are not often exposed to.

It also means the NFC need to start finding some star QB's.

Maybe the Jags etc will pass on Lawrence and  let Atlanta have him at 4 to balance it out :)

Saints seem to be going with Winston next season ...  just turned 27 , could be a good move unless we can trade up somehow and grab a hot draft prospect 

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Maybe the Jags etc will pass on Lawrence and  let Atlanta have him at 4 to balance it out :)

Saints seem to be going with Winston next season ...  just turned 27 , could be a good move unless we can trade up somehow and grab a hot draft prospect 

There's absolutely zero chance we pass on Trevor.  Having the first pick was a major factor according to Urban Meyer  which is telling when you consider we had Fields wrapped up by November. Shad Khan will be ran out of town if they pass on Lawrence plus Meyer raves about him on his old TV show.

Urban will take Trev guaranteed.

Having Denzel Ward back is huge for Cleveland  . The Browns' are actually better than KC on both lines of the trench IMO,  so if they can keep Mahomes sat down they could pull this off.

The NFL will help arrange Brady v Rodgers.

Ravens need a new centre.

Watching Ramsey get burned by Adams and then throw a wobbler was play of the weekend.

• Like 1

I’ll pass judgement on Lamar when he has a serious #1 receiver to throw to. At the moment  TE and FB are his main targets, limited by the scheme. He runs best when he drops back to throw and finds gaps through coverage. Designed runs aren’t the answer, and when you run 3 times per 10yards you HAVE to make them count when you aren’t throwing the ball.

that was his first pick in the red zone in his career so far. It wouldn’t have been a problem if we could block on the previous play.

49 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Urban will take Trev guaranteed.

is the expectation he'll be as good /nearly as good  as Mahomes  ...or hoping for better ?

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

is the expectation he'll be as good /nearly as good  as Mahomes  ...or hoping for better ?

He's as flawless a college QB as I have ever seen but that's a tough one to answer.  He's not going to fart no-look Hail Marys like Mahomes but he can do everything at a high standard, against the best defenses and in the biggest games.  Whilst not being a freak runner like Jackson or even Fields he's still a damn good runner and much better than Luck ever was.  He can throw lasers on the fly,  running left or right, just like Mahomes,  but I actually think Trevor is a little more savvy than Mahomes was in college.  Mahomes is more spectacular and unpredictable but Trevor is more clinical and robotic.  Kinda like Jimmy White v Steve Davis.

His talent is unquestionable . Whether he's as successful as Mahomes is a different story mind you . The Chiefs sat Pat for a year and had a great NFL coach and team  in place whereas Trevor will be starting week 1 for a guy who has never coached in the pros before.  The foundations are there though with the Jags Roster having some good youngsters to build around, with another 11 picks to come and $75M to spend on FA's.  If they can go out and snag all the best FA tackles and guards to protect Trevor and then  rebuild the defense through the draft there is no reason we can't do well in that mediocre division. Especially if Watson wants out.    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Trevor Lawrence?

Must be a fake name, it's nowhere near stupid enough for an NFL.player.

Oklahoma have a guy called Charleston Rambo who may as well be called Columbine Wick FFS.😀

Edited by Brumerican
  • Haha 1

Â