Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

On 01/07/2021 at 21:37, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s beer that piles on the calories. Then you have the snacks with it. I mentioned how we need to wary of calories in beer to a friend and he called me a wrongun! He is obese though to be fair. 

Its why gin sales are probably the highest they've ever been (lazy guess) 

Seen plenty of lads in a night out on the gin and slim let alone women 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2021 at 20:37, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s beer that piles on the calories. Then you have the snacks with it. I mentioned how we need to wary of calories in beer to a friend and he called me a wrongun! He is obese though to be fair. 

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that with all of the requirements around packaghing of food with nutritional information and the traffic light systems, etc, that alcoholic drinks are exempt and don't even need to put as much as the calories on there. It's so easy to rack up a huge amount, and people know it's not good for them, but I do wonder if people realise just how many calories are in a pint. Even in a weak mainstream lager, we're talking about 200 calories a pint. Some imperials I've drank are closer to 500 calories, from one drink. And who just has one. I reckon I've put away 3-4000 calories just in booze on some nights out.

I wish I could believe that there was a reason for the exemption for alcohol that didn't involve stacks of cash making its way in to the pockets of ministers.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its why gin sales are probably the highest they've ever been (lazy guess) 

Seen plenty of lads in a night out on the gin and slim let alone women 

I reckon there is a massive market for low calorie alcoholic drinks the more and more people get health conscious. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon there is a massive market for low calorie alcoholic drinks the more and more people get health conscious. 

My understanding and I'm not sure why is that coke zero and Pepsi max exists because they can't succesfully market diet coke to men after years of advertising aimed at women 

Not a clue how they'd convince guys to drink low calorie beer successfully 

On 01/07/2021 at 21:37, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you’re anything like me you’ll be gorging you’re way through buckets of troughs of bacon and fried chicken to satisfy the hangover too. Beer is a three-pronged attack on the calorie front, not that it’s going to stop me!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My understanding and I'm not sure why is that coke zero and Pepsi max exists because they can't succesfully market diet coke to men after years of advertising aimed at women 

Not a clue how they'd convince guys to drink low calorie beer successfully 

This. I have often said that coke zero is simply diet coke for blokes. Its so we don't sound or look ghey when asking for it.

IMO diet and zero taste the same

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If you’re anything like me you’ll be gorging you’re way through buckets of troughs of bacon and fried chicken to satisfy the hangover too. Beer is a three-pronged attack on the calorie front, not that it’s going to stop me!

I'm already excitedly trying to work out what to eat after getting pissed at the football tonight 

Part of the package 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The brand of non-alcoholic beers I drink make a big thing of how few calories are in each tin, between 55 and 80 depending on type. Which is great, but it's still easy to think it's non-alcoholic I can have a few and suddenly you've done 500 calories on a random work night. 

I've lost 6kg just from diet. I find it quite easy. Simply eat less. 

88kg (13st12) to 82kg (12st13)

I'm 6'3 so pretty content with that. 

Now I'm at my desired weight, I'll start with some more exercises. 

It's been hard, I've been injured since Feb so no football which pushed the weight up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

This. I have often said that coke zero is simply diet coke for blokes. Its so we don't sound or look ghey when asking for it.

They couldn't taste more different to me. 

Coke zero tastes much more like coke in my mind.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

They taste very different to me. Coke Zero is much nicer than Diet Coke.

Edit: from the Coca-Cola website

What’s the difference between Coca‑Cola zero sugar and Diet Coke?

The taste. Both drinks are sugar free and calorie free. Coca‑Cola zero sugar looks and tastes more like Coca‑Cola original taste, while Diet Coke has a different blend of flavours which gives it a lighter taste.

Edited by Genie

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've lost 6kg just from diet. I find it quite easy. Simply eat less. 

88kg (13st12) to 82kg (12st13)

I'm 6'3 so pretty content with that. 

Now I'm at my desired weight, I'll start with some more exercises. 

It's been hard, I've been injured since Feb so no football which pushed the weight up. 

Lots of people in Poland lost loads of weight in the 1940s too!  Must be a very health conscious country!

season 1 rising malevolence GIF by Star Wars

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Diet and zero are meant to have different flavours. Zero is meant to taste similar to the full sugar one, while diet is meant to taste a lot lighter. 

edit: already answered :D 

Edited by Xela

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Diet and zero are meant to have different flavours. Zero is meant to taste similar to the full sugar one, while diet is meant to taste a lot lighter. 

edit: already answered :D 

Im Right Told You So GIF by DeRay Davis

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There is and it already exists. Spirits and low calorie mixer. Also Hard Seltzer is going to grow and grow I think. Even though it's just slightly flavoured sparkling water!

• 2 weeks later...

Just been out to lunch. Whilst the food was great it was really tough to enjoy a chicken salad whilst watching my wife eat a bacon cheeseburger and chips. 

Saying no to ordering something similar or to a pint or two with lunch is not fun. Had the cheat meal last night though with the football so had to be done. 

Am doing the 5/2 diet (2000 cals for 5 days, then 600 for 2 other days which dont need to be consecutive). Logging my food on myfitnesspal for the non diet days just to make sure i don't binge after a 600 day.

With this diet it means not every day is food denial so at the moment i don't feel too tied down. Lost 2.2 kg in first week. Am also reintroducing gym routine too and have bought a renpho bmi scale with app. I reckon if i can do it for 4 weeks then it'll become a habit easy to stick to.

Roll on the end of July then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Am doing the 5/2 diet (2000 cals for 5 days, then 600 for 2 other days which dont need to be consecutive). Logging my food on myfitnesspal for the non diet days just to make sure i don't binge after a 600 day.

With this diet it means not every day is food denial so at the moment i don't feel too tied down. Lost 2.2 kg in first week. Am also reintroducing gym routine too and have bought a renpho bmi scale with app. I reckon if i can do it for 4 weeks then it'll become a habit easy to stick to.

Roll on the end of July then...

Only 600 calories a day must be brutal and can't be good for you. 

I'm currently between 500 and 1000 calories a day under maintenance levels by eating (2200 to 2700) depending if I've exercised and some days (like today) I'm just utterly wiped. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Only 600 calories a day must be brutal and can't be good for you. 

I'm currently between 500 and 1000 calories a day under maintenance levels by eating (2200 to 2700) depending if I've exercised and some days (like today) I'm just utterly wiped. 

Oh yeah, you're right. On the 600 cal days i make sure (as much as possible) that I have nothing too strenuous ahead of me - off shift from work, no gym session etc.

At the moment that sort of day is 3 lots of 30g porridge with skimmed milk spread out in the day. For me, it's a kick start; cold turkey type of approach, long enough for my sensible eating habits to stick. I am a terrible snacker and working from home for the last 16 months has piled on 3 stone so a bit of tough love was needed.

44 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Oh yeah, you're right. On the 600 cal days i make sure (as much as possible) that I have nothing too strenuous ahead of me - off shift from work, no gym session etc.

At the moment that sort of day is 3 lots of 30g porridge with skimmed milk spread out in the day. For me, it's a kick start; cold turkey type of approach, long enough for my sensible eating habits to stick. I am a terrible snacker and working from home for the last 16 months has piled on 3 stone so a bit of tough love was needed.

I think I'd struggle on the days after the low days too but hopefully it works for you. 

• Thanks 1

Â