Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

On 21/01/2021 at 02:05, HalfTimePost said:

McGinn suspended, Hourihane on loan, Lansbury isn't registered, Sanson isn't signed yet and Lamare has been somewhat of an ever-present for the U23s.

Does he make the bench for Newcastle? 

I very much doubt he gets on the pitch but could be a nice experience for him after a decent performance at Liverpool. Is there anybody else ahead of him in the pecking order from the U23s?

I know he's very young but somebody will make the bench that doesnt normally. Although assume if he played Vs Liverpool he wasn't near the XI in the way maybe Chukweumeka was who I suppose is another option for bench call up

Not that I think Henri will make the bench, but players don't have to be registered as part of the 25-man squad to play this month, since the transfer window is open.

• 5 months later...

...And that's why he's not really a CB, or at least ready to be one yet. Find it odd that they're pushing him into that role as he seems so much more natural at CDM.

8 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Apart from the goal, he's looked very good. 

He's fine on the ground - but the goal highlighted his big weakness; his aerial ability. 

Was one of the standout performers today, basically looked exactly how he does for the U23s the fact it was against better opposition didn't seem to make any difference to him. I would have been tempted to give him a go in midield in the second half rather bring him off, he's looked very good when he's played there for the U23s.

• Like 1

People questioning whether he can play CH. He’s 17 ffs, of course he can pay CH, anybody who watched the last 2 games with half a footballing brain can see this. He has all the attributes to be a top player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

I'm starting to think maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea bringing in Gary Cahill as a fourth choice cb for a season. Let Bogarde train with the first team and play U-23 and have him wait in the wing for a season. 

He is only 17 - obviously if he keeps improving/developing he will be some player in a few years. However looking promising at 17 isn't a guarantee -

Jake Doyle Hayes looked fantastic at that age - I couldn't wait to see him in thefirst  team - was staggered when he was let go  ..

• Like 1

Â