Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

Surprised he didn't have his own thread yet - ah well.

Thought he played very well against Liverpool and I can see why we had to fight for his signature. Reads the game very well, comfy on the ball and looked very assured. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

His nephew

Talking of Winston, my mate prank called him back when he was at Chelsea back in around 2003. I somehow sourced his phone number (don't ask me how) and he phoned him posing as a representative of Small Heath named Dave Andrews and asked if he would sign for them. He was actually open to the idea of doing it and started going off about how no one respected him and that everyone hated him at Chelsea! My memory is quite hazy so don't remember much else.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Let’s hope his brother joins also .. like the idea of x2 Ramsey’s, x2 Bogarde’s and x2 Carney’s ... Has that ever happened ? 

how old is his brother?, which club is he at?

edit: answered my own question, he's 18 and plays for Hoffenheim.

tbh, i bet we couldnt sign him due to the new brexit permit etc.

Edited by MaVilla

On 12/01/2021 at 17:52, thabucks said:

Let’s hope his brother joins also .. like the idea of x2 Ramsey’s, x2 Bogarde’s and x2 Carney’s ... Has that ever happened ? 

" Its a family affair" 

• Like 2

On 12/01/2021 at 17:43, TrentVilla said:

Totally expected given he just joined us but good news, another very promising lad.

The Influx now look such good athletes.

I have a notion that many young talents will target Villa, after the Liverpool game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The Influx now look such good athletes.

I have a notion that many young talents will target Villa, after the Liverpool game.

They’ve recruited really well I believe and yes players seeing a pathway always helps. They are really serious about the academy side of the club.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

It certainly won’t do us any harm. These talented kids generally have plenty of options, the Liverpool game will have moved us high on the preferred list for many of them. Couple that to the ever upgrading of the training facilities, the general all round feel good factor on and off the pitch and the focus in the backroom now definitely shifted towards youth, I’d say the future looks pretty rosey. 

Absolutely Dave.

We've done well behind the scenes to create the young vibrant youth setup that we currently witness and it sends a good signal out to any young, inspiring lad who wants to join our great academy.

Hats off to all those involved to have got it to this stage and well done to Lamare on his new contract!

• Like 4

McGinn suspended, Hourihane on loan, Lansbury isn't registered, Sanson isn't signed yet and Lamare has been somewhat of an ever-present for the U23s.

Does he make the bench for Newcastle? 

I very much doubt he gets on the pitch but could be a nice experience for him after a decent performance at Liverpool. Is there anybody else ahead of him in the pecking order from the U23s?

I know he's very young but somebody will make the bench that doesnt normally. Although assume if he played Vs Liverpool he wasn't near the XI in the way maybe Chukweumeka was who I suppose is another option for bench call up

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 02:05, HalfTimePost said:

McGinn suspended, Hourihane on loan, Lansbury isn't registered, Sanson isn't signed yet and Lamare has been somewhat of an ever-present for the U23s.

Does he make the bench for Newcastle? 

I very much doubt he gets on the pitch but could be a nice experience for him after a decent performance at Liverpool. Is there anybody else ahead of him in the pecking order from the U23s?

I know he's very young but somebody will make the bench that doesnt normally. Although assume if he played Vs Liverpool he wasn't near the XI in the way maybe Chukweumeka was who I suppose is another option for bench call up

I was impressed with him in the Liverpool game. I think he deserves a spot on the bench for this one. 

Â