Pre-match thread

ender4

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Apparently Son injury not as bad as first thought and is now 50-50 for the game against us. Getting assessed throughout the week.

FFS we lose Barkley to hamstring and don't see him again for two months...Son will be running around like a madman v us 7 days after pulling up v Arsenal.

Mourinho will probably risk it aswell as he's been called up by South Korea for their friendly next week so they can just say after the game he pulled up again and pull him out of the squad.

Didn't he score those two goals v us last season with a dislocated shoulder?

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

FFS we lose Barkley to hamstring and don't see him again for two months...Son will be running around like a madman v us 7 days after pulling up v Arsenal.

Mourinho will probably risk it aswell as he's been called up by South Korea for their friendly next week so they can just say after the game he pulled up again and pull him out of the squad.

Didn't he score those two goals v us last season with a dislocated shoulder?

A fractured arm but yes. 

This is such a huge game for this season, win (and back it up with another couple of wins) and we are right back in the mix for a great season. 

On the other hand lose and it’s surely on the beach time for 10 games. 

A draw merely moves things on by a game but likely means we would need a good 4 win run to get back amongst it. 

• Like 2

The mere fact he is still officiating Just goes to show how blatant the corruption is in the FA. 
Need a guaranteed loss for Villa to stop them breaking into the upper echelons... wheel out Mike Dean 

I Agree guaranteed loss now as he is quite clearly one of the dodgy ones. 

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

The mere fact he is still officiating Just goes to show how blatant the corruption is in the FA. 
Need a guaranteed loss for Villa to stop them breaking into the upper echelons... wheel out Mike Dean 

I Agree guaranteed loss now as he is quite clearly one of the dodgy ones. 

We really aren't that important to the FA for them to purposely sabotage us. Mike Dean is a crap ref, but the paranoia is madness. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

We really aren't that important to the FA for them to purposely sabotage us. Mike Dean is a crap ref, but the paranoia is madness. 

Yeah you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to realise Dean is an attention seeking word removed. It will be Dean trying to find ways to be in the headlines rather than properly reffing the game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I worded that post badly.... I don't think it's specifically an anti-Villa thing at all, rather a "keep the status quo no more Man City's or Chelsea's" type of thing. As for Mike Dean i guess i'm just rather spikey towards him due to previous encounters.

I don't personally feel it's madness to see the swathe of dodgy decisions which go to certain clubs as an agenda however but each to their own i guess 😉 

You know you're a Villa fan when people on here will still be posting 3-0 Spurs predictions even after their meltdown tonight.

Can we sign this Orsic guy on emergency loan? One of the great individual performances of the season tonight.

• Like 1

If Son is still out, with Lamela suspended, Doherty starting and Jack and Cash back for us, and we still lose? I'd probably have an ArsenalFanTv style meltdown.

I just know it's going to be the game that everything finally clicks for Bale and he gets a hattrick or something. The only time we beat Spurs in the last 10 years was a 1-0 smash and grab away win in 2015 under Sherwood ironically. So many of those games we didn't even lay a glove on them.

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

Yeah you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to realise Dean is an attention seeking word removed. It will be Dean trying to find ways to be in the headlines rather than properly reffing the game. 

Is our record actually that bad with him in charge though, I mean we won Wolves away with him around so to me someone like that t*** Moss is in completely different category as I always feel it's near impossible for us to win when he's in charge.

Mike Dean at least gives us a penalty from time to time.