Pre-match thread

ender4

33 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I would take that, But reckon we are going to get creamed. Any bets on how many times Bale gets a mention 

Yeah, feel like we’ll get smashed. I am often wrong though so you never know 

I'm quietly optimistic. Watkins should be full of beans and he's due a goal and he can't be any worse than he was last week. It would be great to put them to the sword and drive the proverbial nails into Jose's casket. 

Come on me babbys. 

11 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Yes but he is wrongly credited with it... so let’s hope the saying itself is also wrong!

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm quietly optimistic. Watkins should be full of beans and he's due a goal and he can't be any worse than he was last week. It would be great to put them to the sword and drive the proverbial nails into Jose's casket. 

Come on me babbys. 

is he going to fart the ball into the net?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes but he is wrongly credited with it... so let’s hope the saying itself is also wrong!

It doesn't matter who said it, the saying itself makes perfect sense.

Smith is obstinate.  He wouldn't change his 4-3-3 when Jack was last out injured in the championship and we went on a dreadful run, only recovering when Jack and SJM came back in and we had the personnel to play 4-3-3 again and went on the 10 game winning streak.

We need to try something different to see if we can get a spark without Jack.

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I remember a long long time ago we were playing at their gaff. They were celebrating 100th year anniversary, At half time we were winning 4:1 and singing happy birthday to you. 

final score 4 each LOL 

Remember it well. I couldn’t sleep well that night through sheer anger and woke up in the middle of the night and started punching my pillow. One of those games where a draw felt like a loss. 

• Like 2

I think we lose this game by 2 or 3 goals. We’re not playing well, we’re without our creative players, and Spurs need the result more than we do. Our best opportunity for points remains in keeping the opposition goalless, but I just don’t see that happening against Kane & Co. 3-0 loss. 

37 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Remember it well. I couldn’t sleep well that night through sheer anger and woke up in the middle of the night and started punching my pillow. One of those games where a draw felt like a loss. 

The worst thing about it was that the “happy birthday to you” was so so SO funny from our fans after all their anniversary nonsense. I was laughing so much. I was not laughing at full time.

• Like 1

Jose doesn't like visits to Villa Park and Spurs have been having a bit of an inquest to their shit show on Thursday night.

I don't think they are unbeatable, with a plus being that they are without a couple of key players!

I fancy our chances.