Formula One - 2021

BOF

That Haas livery is hilarious. They are doing an unbelievable job at getting everyone to absolutely despise them. 

Is it bad of me that I kind of want Mazepin to do better than Schumacher just to see the complete outrage it will cause? :lol:

Just now, Farlz said:

Is it bad of me that I kind of want Mazepin to do better than Schumacher just to see the complete outrage it will cause? :lol:

Not at all. I'd love to see the outrage too. I think if it's gonna happen it'll be at the start of the season though. If we know anything about Schuey from his time in F2 and F3 it's that he eventually clicks and when he does he's very very good.

• Like 1

Even marrusia when they were in f1 and owned by a Russian group didnt adorn the car with a big Russian flag livery

Haas must be getting some serious cash for running that paint job alongside mazepin driving

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why does everyone hate Haas? 

I'm a very casual F1 fan. 

It's a long story that begins with Haas's start in F1, their contrary attitudes, protests, how they behaved, what they contribute generally, and is currently being hugely exacerbated (the proper icing on the cake) by firstly their hiring of Nikita Mazepin (look him up :lol:), and the perceived-to-be-fake manner in which they've dealt with the fallout while protecting their Russian money. All of this while looking like only hanging around in F1 circling the drain until someone comes along and buys their grid slot.  They're basically a waste of time but not a particularly pleasant waste of time.

Put it this way. It takes some doing for a backmarker to have Michael Schumacher's actual son driving your car and yet other things be completely dominating your social media and all of your attention.

The only good thing about them is Günther Steiner.

• Thanks 1

And someone on reddit hacked the app and released the pictures a few hours before Williams did.  So, yeah, an all-round cracking job by them. They're just a bit shit at stuff really.

• Haha 1

Wow, that Williams is going to be hard to see on track I reckon.

For all the obvious issues with the Haas livery, I do quite like its relative simplicity. It's pretty clean looking.

The Aston Martin is just garish. What colour is that they are actually using? It's horrid. Might look better on track I guess, but still...

Glad the Mercs stayed with the black. They look the business in that colour scheme.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

New 2021 safety cars

243-B6-AC6-5585-4-EFE-B84-D-B1-F856273-E

Yeah noticed Aston getting in on the act. Clever Lawrence.

Medical car too.

• Like 1

And to give Williams some due, Gary Anderson has actually been complimenting their car design. Says it's a pretty brave and edgy design. Sounds like they might be going for it. We won't know 'til they hit the track, and sod's law says the Ferrari engine bump might negate anything they claw back. The other possibility is the other launch cars just didn't give as much away, but apart from all that ... the Williams is at least trying.

Testing in 3 days.

tumblr_inline_mv6r51QKqy1r5hxbq.gif

And for some utterly incomprehensible reason, Williams have decided to let Roy Nissany have one entire day of testing to himself. He must be worth a fortune to them or he has very damaging photographs.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

New 2021 safety cars

243-B6-AC6-5585-4-EFE-B84-D-B1-F856273-E

That Aston borrows heavily from from that merc, engine, gearbox, infotainment, maybe more, there must be an agreement as part of the deal to let Aston in on the action, great exposure for them.