Jump to content

Formula One - 2021


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter

Red Bull being very petulant with all this "it cost us a million pounds" and "we're going to sue" nonsense.

Crashes happen. To everyone. It's how the sport works.

Horner is really getting on my nerves (more so even than usual which is some doing)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Just when you thought it was over

Red Bull have requested a review of the penalty given to Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton after his first-lap collision with Max Verstappen at the British Grand Prix.

Hamilton was ruled to have been "predominantly to blame" for the crash, which resulted in Red Bull driver Verstappen being taken to hospital.

The Briton was given a 10-second penalty but recovered to win the race.

Both teams have been summoned to appear via video link on Thursday.

Red Bull want the penalty increased but will need to present new evidence which was not available at the time of the original inquiry for seven-time world champion Hamilton to be sanctioned further.

The stewards will then consider Red Bull's findings and decide if it constitutes new evidence and whether to proceed with a review.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/07/2021 at 11:07, sne said:

Lewis has been pretty good at getting Red Bull cars off the podium in the last year doing it twice with Albon and now this with Max. Pretty similar incidents so can see why Red Bull are a bit miffed.

Be interesting to hear what Albon thinks about this latest incident.

I don't think the Albon incidents are anything like this Max incident to be honest

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

Just when you thought it was over

Red Bull have requested a review of the penalty given to Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton after his first-lap collision with Max Verstappen at the British Grand Prix.

Hamilton was ruled to have been "predominantly to blame" for the crash, which resulted in Red Bull driver Verstappen being taken to hospital.

The Briton was given a 10-second penalty but recovered to win the race.

Both teams have been summoned to appear via video link on Thursday.

Red Bull want the penalty increased but will need to present new evidence which was not available at the time of the original inquiry for seven-time world champion Hamilton to be sanctioned further.

The stewards will then consider Red Bull's findings and decide if it constitutes new evidence and whether to proceed with a review.

This sounds so petty - just suck it up and move on.

im no LH fan but red bull sound very small time with this. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

This sounds so petty - just suck it up and move on.

im no LH fan but red bull sound very small time with this. 

Whenever I see somethhing like this rumbling along with relatively little chance of success, I always just assume there's much more going on in the background or more likely there are bigger semi-related issues being broached for the future.  F1 teams are incredibly clever and not even the simplest protest happens without an eye on something else.

I've now switched from watching all this as merely fallout from the crash, to now looking for what RBR's real angle is, over and above just trying to annoy Merc.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

Whenever I see somethhing like this rumbling along with relatively little chance of success, I always just assume there's much more going on in the background or more likely there are bigger semi-related issues being broached for the future.  F1 teams are incredibly clever and not even the simplest protest happens without an eye on something else.

I've now switched from watching all this as merely fallout from the crash, to now looking for what RBR's real angle is, over and above just trying to annoy Merc.

They are just desperate to take a Championship off Mercedes-Benz. Promises have been made, an the money sponsors and Redbull have invested in the last few years, they need to win the title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator

I don't think that Red Bull believe that there will be any retrospective punishment for Hamilton, but I think the rules this year on how much teams can spend on development and car-care are quite restrictive - I'd wonder if they're trying to get an allowance under that cap for the money they're spending on this crash. It would be unfair I think, even on Verstappen, if he were to have to drive a car with faults later in the season because the team spent the budget on this incident.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Red Bull are putting themselves out there for a slating the next time one of their drivers makes a mistake.

Should be fun when (not if) Max drops a bollock.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
33 minutes ago, tinker said:

Red bull better win the next race , if they don't the pressure will mount after the song and dance they have made over a racing incident. 

I don't understand. Why would the recent protest add any pressure to win  the next race over and above the normal amount?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't understand. Why would the recent protest add any pressure to win  the next race over and above the normal amount?

Imagine being in their camp and playing your hand like they have, they have gone all in to nail Hamilton. Lose the next race and their perceived injustice (it was a racing incident) is further amplified. Can Verstapen cope with the pressure, he's already regarded as being an aggressive  driver will this alter his approach?

They had no new evidence, they still went for it, bad decision,  only pick fights you can win. 

Edited by tinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
8 hours ago, tinker said:

Imagine being in their camp and playing your hand like they have, they have gone all in to nail Hamilton. Lose the next race and their perceived injustice (it was a racing incident) is further amplified. Can Verstapen cope with the pressure, he's already regarded as being an aggressive  driver will this alter his approach?

They had no new evidence, they still went for it, bad decision,  only pick fights you can win. 

I agree that the protest was silly. I just don't see how it adds pressure to win the next race. They'll either be capable of winning it or not. The 2 aren't linked imo. If Merc come out and have a 3/10ths advantage, it won't look bad on Red Bull because of the protest. JMHO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I agree that the protest was silly. I just don't see how it adds pressure to win the next race. They'll either be capable of winning it or not. The 2 aren't linked imo. If Merc come out and have a 3/10ths advantage, it won't look bad on Red Bull because of the protest. JMHO.

I can see what you mean and it's the way it should be but formula  1 teams are high pressure  places without any extra pressure being added. Let's see what happens in the Hungarian GP, One things for sure, it will be watched by millions more people now there has been a bit of drama 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator

Hamilton is being booed for criticising the Hungarian government and their laws against homosexuality publicly yesterday. He may be peculiar and a little bit odd, but he's very often trying to be on the right side of things. 

Ah well, the Merc have shit all over the Red Bull today, which is ideal.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â