Formula One - 2021

BOF

I don't know, I still like the idea, but I feel there needs to be more of a difference to the main race somehow, to force teams to prioritise one or the other, and maybe allow the slower teams more of a chance to get some points.

But I can't work out what that might look like.

As it is, it hasn't really achieved anything.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 1

Much more fun for the fans at Silverstone I reckon to see some racing on a Saturday.

I tuned in for it when I otherwise wouldn’t for regular qualifying. The Same could be said for future sprints. I don’t tend to bother watching qualifying unless I’m really at a loose end.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That was fun, but the second half of it was somewhat processional.

I imagine if there's more points on offer for this race then people may take more risks, but that to me would fundamentally change the format of F1 and I'm not sure I like it

Don't really know what to make of it.

It's a cash grab, the outcome of the weekend will not change one bit. Only die hard F1 superfans will be bothered with this as it's the same result every race but F1 rakes in more dollar. 

I think for it to be worth while they would need to reverse the top 10 of the grid or something for the sprint but that's quite clearly never going to happen and would take away the intergrity of F1. 

Do we really need to watch Hamilton and Max drive away into the distance and then be stuck seeing a DRS train in the midfield? We can just do that on a Sunday. Maybe try it next year with the 2022 cars but this doesn't work with the current cars imo. 

I'm not  a fan of the sprint, call it what you like but I call it a race and watching that has kind of taken the shine off the race today, I also don't like the fact that the top 3 get points towards the championship, that is nonsensical to me, the prize for finishing first in the quallies is that you start on pole, imagine if a championship was decided by the quallies before they even got to the Sunday race.