Formula One - 2021

BOF

Fantastic stuff. Merc will enjoy that one a lot more than normal. Fair play to Lewis and Max for a great race. Top stuff from Hamilton. 

Very enjoyable first race of the season. 

Disappointed Max didn't take it, not sure the strategy was ideal on his side really. Unbelievable battle towards the end though, that's what we all want to see Verstappen v Hamilton going at it. A full season of them two battling each other will go down as one of the greats. 

While I'm definitely a Max fan as long as we've got a title battle this year and just judging from that it looks like we do, then I can't wait for what the rest of this year brings. 

35 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Don't like Max and don't like Lewis but would have preferred a Red Bull win there. Perez had a decent race under the circumstances but impressive from Lando.

That's a lot of dislike. Why don't you like them?

41 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

That's a lot of dislike. Why don't you like them?

I respect Hamilton for what he has achieved and think Max is a great driver. Max looks like my youngest brother and Lewis is Lewis.

Great first race. Really exciting to the end. 
That was basically the perfect end for me. Max did enough to make it interesting but ultimately didn’t win. 

Really impressed by Lando and the new chap Tsunoda. 

Looks like Haas could be in for a long season

So you weren't allowed to go over track limits at that corner in qualifying, but you were in the race. Until half way through when you weren't. But the drivers did anyway and that was ok. But then Max exceeded those track limits overtaking Lewis and that was then not allowed.

Glad to see the rules have been ironed out for this season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So you weren't allowed to go over track limits at that corner in qualifying, but you were in the race. Until half way through when you weren't. But the drivers did anyway and that was ok. But then Max exceeded those track limits overtaking Lewis and that was then not allowed.

Glad to see the rules have been ironed out for this season.

Yeah it seemed confusing. Although Martin Brundle did say that the rules said you couldn't leave the track without a good reason (ie avoiding a collision)

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it seemed confusing. Although Martin Brundle did say that the rules said you couldn't leave the track without a good reason (ie avoiding a collision)

Yes, I understand that, and I think it was the right decision, I just think the whole situation was a mess from the start. In fact the track limits thing has bothered me for ages.

Still, at least F1 is still a big old entertaining circus. And at least Seb is still managing to find new and exciting ways to be entirely useless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yes, I understand that, and I think it was the right decision, I just think the whole situation was a mess from the start. In fact the track limits thing has bothered me for ages.

Still, at least F1 is still a big old entertaining circus. And at least Seb is still managing to find new and exciting ways to be entirely useless.

Yeah I'm not a Seb fan either so I'm glad as time goes on it seems a bit like he was just entirely overrated. Maybe that's harsh.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm not a Seb fan either so I'm glad as time goes on it seems a bit like he was just entirely overrated. Maybe that's harsh.

Me either, particularly as he was favoured over Webber.

That said, he is excellent at pushing the best car in the field to the absolute maximum.....

... he just blows in any car that isn't the best, as seen at Red Bull when Ricciardo outshone him, Ferrari last season and now Aston Martin.

36 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Me either, particularly as he was favoured over Webber.

That said, he is excellent at pushing the best car in the field to the absolute maximum.....

... he just blows in any car that isn't the best, as seen at Red Bull when Ricciardo outshone him, Ferrari last season and now Aston Martin.

He also seems like a whiney little bitch as well. When he went into the back of whoever it was today he was immediately moaning that it was their fault when it was clearly just him outbraking himself

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He also seems like a whiney little bitch as well. When he went into the back of whoever it was today he was immediately moaning that it was their fault when it was clearly just him outbraking himself

That was hilarious, total desperation of someone who had no reasonable excuse of why he simply ran into the back of someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

That was hilarious, total desperation of someone who had no reasonable excuse of why he simply ran into the back of someone.

It was. Even funnier that the other driver's line didn't deviate one inch. Dead straight :D Literally no excuse