Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

Aston Villa can confirm that the Club has closed its Bodymoor Heath training ground after a significant Coronavirus outbreak.

A large number of first team players and staff returned positive tests after being routinely tested on Monday and immediately went into isolation.
A second round of testing was carried out immediately and produced more positive results today.
First team training ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup match with Liverpool was cancelled.
Discussions are ongoing between medical representatives of the Club, the Football Association and the Premier League.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/Club-Statement/

Obviously from a football perspective this is a massive blow, but from a human perspective I just hope everyone turns out ok...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Main thing is everybody is OK, on a footballing note hopefully we are treated the same way as other clubs have been treated 

Agree, kind of gutted as the Villa are one of the only things keeping me sane 

• Like 3

Wonder if we'll still be allowed to cancel games or if it just applies when it fits? Man City already have a pretty congested schedule as it is. This will add to it.

I have a feeling we will have to forfeit if we don't play as we will have no opportunity to play before the 4th round games, although I am sure there is something official somewhere detailing this. Of course the only reason we wouldn't be able to is because of our rescheduled Man City game due to the league bending over for them and Utd at the start of the season.

How ironic would it be for us to be screwed over again.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

I have a feeling we will have to forfeit if we don't play as we will have no opportunity to play before the 4th round games, although I am sure there is something official somewhere detailing this. Of course the only reason we wouldn't be able to is because of our rescheduled Man City game due to the league bending over for them and Utd at the start of the season.

I could imagine Klopp bursting a vein if its not a forfeit

Here come the Liverpool fans moaning about having to play their kids vs us in a completely different scenario last season 

The Newcastle game is a precedent set in the PL, the FA will make us play it or drop out because they're words removed and it's Liverpool 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Don’t think that affects whether we could rearrange for then as Liverpool have a midweek league game then anyway.

• Like 1

Stuff is getting tight. I read of Man City get to the FA Cup final and the CL semi final then they’d have to play every mid week from now until the end of the season. Relevant because that’s one of our games that could get postponed because of this. 

Obviously hope everyone concerned is ok and recovers quickly 

Â