Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

I'm sure we can do something for Fulham in return for them being inconvenienced. A tour of our trophy room, perhaps?

Or we can loan them Lansbury for the rest of the season 😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

My worry is how match fit will the players be on Sunday...

Most come out of isolation on Friday.

Their general fitness should be ok. It's going to be about a 2 week gap since the Man United game, we'll have a day to train together, but ultimately we're a confident side who know how to play decent football. We might start slow, but I think we'll be fine. 

That's all caveated by the fact we don't know if players have a serious version of covid or are asymptomatic etc. 

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sunday wouldn't have been a rest day though. it's probably when they'd have been at the training ground analysis room, watching spurs set pieces etc. this morning's training session (if there even was one) would've been a light session with the view to a game this weekend, not wednesday, and against different opposition. their whole schedule would've been altered.

the whole situation is unfair. i don't see how the game wednesday HAS to go ahead. they should've postponed it and figured it out later. if this was united/city/chelsea/liverpool there's no way they'd have made them play with 2 days notice. it's fine though, cause it's little old fulham who are going down anyway.

They were only due to play Spurs 2 weeks ago...they would have done analysis and preparation then and theyve got Monday and tuesday for the training ground stuff just like any midweek match after a weekend game. Its a non issue, theyll be fine. 

• Like 2

There would be more sympathy for Fulham if they hadn't had their own game postponed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it is unfortunate for them, most neutral observers would say they should accept the rearrangement without complaint seeing as they have previously enjoyed the benefit of a postponement against Chelsea. If this had fallen on a team with no previous Covid rearrangement then there would have been a lot more sympathy, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Their general fitness should be ok. It's going to be about a 2 week gap since the Man United game, we'll have a day to train together, but ultimately we're a confident side who know how to play decent football. We might start slow, but I think we'll be fine. 

That's all caveated by the fact we don't know if players have a serious version of covid or are asymptomatic etc. 

I imagine if any player's had it serious they won't be playing against Everton. It could be a very makeshift side for sunday, on top of the preparation and fitness issues they'll face after not being able to train for so long. 

33 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

There would be more sympathy for Fulham if they hadn't had their own game postponed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it is unfortunate for them, most neutral observers would say they should accept the rearrangement without complaint seeing as they have previously enjoyed the benefit of a postponement against Chelsea. If this had fallen on a team with no previous Covid rearrangement then there would have been a lot more sympathy, rightly or wrongly.

Yep, agree with this. 

I certainly don't expect the PL to bend over backwards to fit us back in at a time that suits us, it'll be when it fits for the league. 

I don't really see how Fulham can complain at all about this. They had to postpone games because of the covid outbreak so they have to be fit in somewhere. The same thing will happen to us later in the season. 

47 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I imagine if any player's had it serious they won't be playing against Everton. It could be a very makeshift side for sunday, on top of the preparation and fitness issues they'll face after not being able to train for so long. 

Yes the team sheet will be telling. Let's hope for the best 🤞

Pretty surprised how quickly it was all handled today as I had major doubts with how it was being reported last 24 hours.

Common sense move for all parties although Fulham should've been told of the plan sooner.Saturday afternoon to Weds evening is hardly a taxing schedule and given they'd had two weeks off playing 120 minutes will actually do them good to get match intensity up.

Giving us a day more to prepare for Everton is something I wasn't expecting, hopefully we have some negative tests coming in on Thursday so we can get a couple of training sessions before the game and give it a go.

Edited by VillaChris

Good to see common sense has prevailed. Our game against Spurs had to be cancelled.

I hope Fulham have accepted the re-arranged game against Spurs because it in their interest and they were not coerced/pressurised.

The extra days rest/preparation for the Everton game is most welcome. Let's hope there are no serious or longer term consequences for our Covid casualties, at the moment the club have been tight lipped about it.

The next natural follow on from last few days will be to slot in the Newcastle match for the FA Cup 4th round weekend as both ourselves and Newcastle are now available.

• Like 1

I think we'll be in Fulham's shoes at point anyway, we've got the game with Spurs to fit in which could be on an awkward day dependent on their cup progression and we've potentially got a second game with City that will need rescheduling if they progress in the FA Cup - it's possible we could have a horrible week at some point, but I think that's just how it is.

• Like 1

Â