Dry January

Follyfoot

Anyone else participating? , did it last year and was a lot harder than I thought but did it with a few people which made it a tad easier, If so good luck and see you on the other side 

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Anyone else participating? , did it last year and was a lot harder than I thought but did it with a few people which made it a tad easier, If so good luck and see you on the other side 

Yeah, I tend to do it most years. Nice to have a bit of a 'cleanse' now and then and get some Bathams out the bloodstream 😄

• Like 1

I’ll be doing it, but it’ll be a piece of cake this time as I quit drinking at the end of January last year. After starting to realise I was a borderline alcoholic, I had to give it a go when my missus said she was going to try to stop. The first three weeks were awful but it got easier after that, since then I’ve navigated all of the social occasions that I’d normally drink my way through and come out the other side much happier. I’ve saved a fortune on wine too which is good. 

Good luck to those of you that do dry January, its the worst month to try and kick any addiction.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I tend to do it most years. Nice to have a bit of a 'cleanse' now and then and get some Bathams out the bloodstream 😄

Pint of Bathams with a ploughman's is heaven, with that now on the mind my chances of achieving the weekend let alone the end of the month have now decreased substantially 😄  

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ll be doing it, but it’ll be a piece of cake this time as I quit drinking at the end of January last year. After starting to realise I was a borderline alcoholic, I had to give it a go when my missus said she was going to try to stop. The first three weeks were awful but it got easier after that, since then I’ve navigated all of the social occasions that I’d normally drink my way through and come out the other side much happier. I’ve saved a fortune on wine too which is good. 

Good luck to those of you that do dry January, its the worst month to try and kick any addiction.

Very well done Sir

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am but not intentionally. I am on a diet and to give myself the best start I am laying off alcohol. 

Same, no coke, beer or spirits for most of Jan, not completely though I’m not a monster.

for me it’s exercise and eating better than I have been since November. 

lots of soup and lots of home cooked meals. Hardest thing is portion sizes. What constitutes a portion or rice is embarrassing. 

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Was planning to have a swing at it until the schools got closed.  Now I've got **** no chance.

Same here. Hadn’t even thought about drinking until last night. Feeling somewhat dejected after the Boris show on telly I made my way through half of a purity brewing mini keg.  And now I’ve got to drink the rest of it within three days or it’ll be wasted. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Same here. Hadn’t even thought about drinking until last night. Feeling somewhat dejected after the Boris show on telly I made my way through half of a purity brewing mini keg.  And now I’ve got to drink the rest of it within three days or it’ll be wasted. 

can not let things go to waste during a lockdown

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am but not intentionally. I am on a diet and to give myself the best start I am laying off alcohol. 

Same.

I’ve reserved one day of drinking for the month but other than that nothing, first time I’ve attempted it since I started drinking about 17 years ago.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

And same here.  No alcohol hopefully means no desire for snacks in the late evening.

• Like 1

Wasn't going to restrict myself to a completely dry month but was going to go a couple of weeks and generally cut down.

After last night's announcement, screw that.  Also, Villa are on the box regularly this month and that is always complimented by a few beers.

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I stopped on Nov 8th. Had a couple of drinks about a month later and felt terrible. Like I'd ingested poison. So I haven't had another since then, and don't intend to any time soon. 

I have high blood pressure and I'm about 12 lbs overweight. I'm also unemployed ATM, so it's better for my wallet as well. 

On 05/01/2021 at 11:21, Follyfoot said:

Could have been worse , at least you didn’t start a thread titled veganuary.

people giving up drink for a month , not shaving for a month or not changing their underpants for  a month , is definitely one for the things that piss you off but shouldn’t thread ... shouldn’t annoy me , and yet it does 

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

Â