Which Premier League club fans do you 'hate' the most?

ender4

Which clubs fans do you 'hate' the most?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Premier League club fans do you 'hate' the most?

• Liverpool
    • Man United
    • Spurs
    • Arsenal
    • Chelsea
    • Man City
    • Wolves
    • Newcastle
    • West Brom
    • Leeds
    • West Ham
    • Other Premier League club

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

None. Hate is too horrible a word to use for something as trivial as football.

'Hate' is in quotes in the original question, probably for that very reason, so who comes top of your 'word that I find appropriate to describe not being thrilled about a particular fanbase' league table ;);)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This.  I'd rather endure this season as a proper Sheffield United fan than as a Brummie Red or Plastic Scouse etc.

hmm...tough one. as someone that's never lived in brum i have more tolerance for united, liverpool etc fans that live outside of their cities. i am not quick to judge their reasons for supporting who they do. if villa had their success at similar times then many of these fans could well be villa. for me, it wouldn't make them any less a villa fan than someone that's held a season ticket for 20 years and lives around the corner of VP.

i think i get your point though...it's the ones that rub your nose in it when they beat you, whilst showing zero attempt at getting tickets to go watch their team and not even bothering watching them on the telly half the time that get me

It’s always been Liverpool at number one for me. I despise them more than small heath, as at least with small heath a small part of me pities them.

It’s mostly because of my age and the fact there were so many Liverpool fans in my area that had never been to Liverpool yet alone seen them play. Like all glory hunters they just picked the most successful team of the time but with Liverpool fans there’s always been an arrogance that exceeds my experience with United fans, for example. There’s been numerous times over the years where plastic Liverpool fans have tried to take the piss out of me for supporting a tiny club like Villa, or more recently lecture me on football tactics because they’ve watched a couple of Tifo videos on Klopp. It’s often with the patronising tone of “you won’t understand this being a Villa fan”. 

Add to that the weird belief that Liverpool as a city is better than anywhere else, the strange desire to not be English but scouse, the victim mentality that seeps from their every pore, the ‘famous scouse humour’ (I’m yet to meet a funny Liverpudlian), the overuse of ex Liverpool footballers in punditry, the hypocrisy of their ‘loyal fans’ (see Gerrard to Chelsea rage and Karius death threats), the ‘next year’s our year’ bullshit that only finally came true last year, and that horrible anthem YNWA. And no other club irks me more. 

I also don’t care for the Beatles and the accent grates on me :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

None. Hate is too horrible a word to use for something as trivial as football.

I don’t know. On an individual level, you’re right, I don’t hate fans of other clubs. But football completely changes my normal personality, and is the only arena where I think I’m capable of feeling any kind of passionate hatred towards anyone or anything. I think the word applies, and I’m kind of glad it does. I’d rather be angry and hateful about something trivial than something real. 

And to answer the question, anyway, it depends who we’re playing. However, in a country full of more or less football-ignorant Man Utd and Liverpool fans, it’s got to be them. As a kid, school was full of Yanited wannabes, but recently a lot of Liverpool fans (because their dads liked Keegan, obviously, not because they’re good again) have been crawling out the woodwork. Now we’re actually competing high up the PL again, you notice how insufferable that particular set of fans can be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

'Hate' is in quotes in the original question, probably for that very reason, so who comes top of your 'word that I find appropriate to describe not being thrilled about a particular fanbase' league table ;);)

Never really had it in for any particular bunch of fans. Always preferred to think of us all being part of the football family, good and bad. I’ve met some right pains In the ass who support my club never mind anyone else’s. I’ve also met many good fans from other clubs, including Blues, gotta get that in as I’m married to one. Sure I can criticise the reactions of some fans in certain situations, I thought some Arsenal fans treatment of Arsene Wenger towards the end of his reign was very cruel, likewise some Villa fans, I thought showed a lack of respect towards Graham Taylor at the end of his not so successful second term with us. We’re all different and yet the same. Don’t care if the word hate is in quotes, it’s still a horrible word. Some fans can have horrible and hateful reactions to certain situations. I just don’t think it’s something that can be attached to an entire fan base.

Edited by meregreen

I'm surprised nobody has voted for either Wolves or West Brom yet. Every other team on the list has a vote except them.

I voted Man U because every person I knew growing up who I didn't like always turned out to be a Man U fan, without fail. The roughest, dirtiest, scummiest pub in the area I grew up in was a "Man U pub". It got to a point where I decided you can just tell a person is garbage by who they support - if they support Man U, avoid them.

11 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I'm surprised nobody has voted for either Wolves or West Brom yet. Every other team on the list has a vote except them.

I voted Man U because every person I knew growing up who I didn't like always turned out to be a Man U fan, without fail. The roughest, dirtiest, scummiest pub in the area I grew up in was a "Man U pub". It got to a point where I decided you can just tell a person is garbage by who they support - if they support Man U, avoid them.

i'm not. it's further proof that we really don't give 2 shites about either of them

• Like 3

Definitely Liverpool, but United have been slowly creeping up the charts. Arsenal and Chelsea are annoying too but it's hard to take either seriously. Arsenal fans are kind of funny in how they big up their players through the stratosphere when they don't know much about them but then declare all of them shit and want them out of the club when they go on a bad run (see: Holding, Bellerin, Lacazette as recent examples. Martinelli is next on the chopping block).

football is a bit tribalistic by nature really, us vs them and all that. as long as it stays at friendly banter with an underlying understanding that we're all just fans of the game then I don't mind it. it's the dumbasses that make it about violence that I can't respect. they ruin it for everybody. football fans of other clubs with stupid opinions I have no problems with if it's just plain old trash talking. we do it, other fans do it as well. nothing that keeps me up at night.

I always found Liverpool fans on social media worse than they are in person. I worked in Liverpool for a couple of years and all of them in that office (Everton included) were pretty down to earth and sympathetic about Villa's plight at the time (this was around the time we got relegated). Go on RAWK, though, and they absolutely despise us.

Leeds can do one.

One of the thing's about Liverpool is a lot of their ethos is about being a bit left wing and all that.

Always makes me chuckle when you get someone with a Liverpool crest as their profile pic (and clearly a plastic) making pro Tory or Brexity posts etc.  

I find the worst fans usually aren't fans from the absolute top teams, but from teams from the rung below who have previously been successful but have fallen off their perch.

Australia is a bit different obviously but for most of my life, Liverpool fans were absolutely unbearable. Everywhere, and just whiny and entitled. Since they've won the league I find they've calmed down a lot because they haven't had to shout from the rooftops about how good they are every 5 seconds, the football speaks for itself.

Arsenal fans are probably the ones that shit me the most at the moment.

On 06/01/2021 at 14:32, meregreen said:

I’ve also met many good fans from other clubs, including Blues, gotta get that in as I’m married to one.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Â