Which Premier League club fans do you 'hate' the most?

ender4

Which clubs fans do you 'hate' the most?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which Premier League club fans do you 'hate' the most?

• Liverpool
    • Man United
    • Spurs
    • Arsenal
    • Chelsea
    • Man City
    • Wolves
    • Newcastle
    • West Brom
    • Leeds
    • West Ham
    • Other Premier League club

Voted for Man City owing to the cup final last year - no emotion at all after just winning a cup, don't think they sang a single song all day and there seemed to be more Villa still in the stadium clapping the team off than City fans staying around to watch the trophy being presented. Taking plastic to a whole new level. Arsenal would be right up there too, hard to imagine a more entitled set of fans. Because of where they are in North London they seem to attract a load of nauseating media personalities as fans too - saw a quote which stated "only people who don't like football support Arsenal" and tbh I think there's a lot of truth in that.

It's a tricky one this because context is important. Brummie Liverpool 'fans' are probably my least favourite group of glory supporters, and tend to know the least about football IME. But I have a lot of respect for actual Liverpool fans and the way they've historically come together for things like the J4T96 and don't find them anywhere near as bad as fans of Man U, Man City or Arsenal.

Newcastle don't like us but I can't bring myself to hate them as ultimately I can empathise with their plight (terrible ownership, just treading water to collect the PL money etc.)

United, Leeds and Liverpool. They can go in any order, an ignorant and arroganct attitude from all 3 fan bases. 2 of them are understandable. I should also point out these are not local United and Liverpool fans i am complaining about, the once a decade visitor.

Arsenal are not far behind though less of an inpact as dont know so many

Edited by Zatman

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Voted for Man City owing to the cup final last year - no emotion at all after just winning a cup, don't think they sang a single song all day and there seemed to be more Villa still in the stadium clapping the team off than City fans staying around to watch the trophy being presented. Taking plastic to a whole new level. 

Carbon copy of Yaaaanited fans in 2010 too.

• Like 2

Liverpool, always.

Grew up surrounded by them in South Wales just because they were flavour of the month around the late eighties, now I live in Warrington and still surrounded by them.

Entitled, hypocritical, self centred all of them, I’ve yet to meet a moderate Liverpool fan.

24 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Really wouldn't be surprised to find out there were people there at both games who had switched allegiance from Utd to City at some point between 2010 and 2020

I know a guy who was a die-hard Man United fan for 20 years throughout the Fergie years... he's been a die-hard Liverpool fan for the past 5 years!   

Yes, he's a clearing in the woods.

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Jesus, where to start.

West Brom's hilarious vitriol towards us and their presumed relevance to the footballing world. You are filler in this league. You always will be.
Liverpool's holier than thou 'more than a club' bollocks. Their attempts to measure everyone else's triumphs and tragedies against their own and try to share/align in them. Their seeming voluntary human centipede fanbase and **** nauseating circle jerk behaviour.
Spurs' Billy big bollocks behaviour after half a century on the sidelines and a short memory acting like they're where they belong. You've 2 **** titles in 139 years lads.
Newcastle's endless delusions of grandeur, and self-proclaimed big club status. You've a massive catchment area and your last major non-invitational trophy was in **** 1955. Pipe down.
Leeds' hate-filled viciousness and bizarre sense of self-importance. Textbook little man syndrome from a horrible fanbase letting down what could be a likeable club in many other ways. It's little man syndrome because deep down they know what they really are, and that is inferior to those they regard as rivals.
And last but certainly not least we have Chelsea's racist snob fanbase who think they're above their neighbouring fanbases merely by postcode association and suffer Spurs fans' similar short memory of thinking they've always been there. You're scum lads. You can't buy class. You're the pub that changed the decor but kept the same clientelle and attracted worse.

Honourable mention to West Ham who can probably take bits from Chelsea and Spurs but tbh it's the club and owners that irk me more about that football club. The fans have been through the ringer and are unashamedly working class fans who will stick by their club and have a huge connection with its identity. Unlike Spurs they did not embrace their new ground. As much as I'd like the club to go down (and I would...), the fans are proper fans albeit with an unsavoury element.

So, eh, yeah, 1/3rd of the league :lol: How could I possibly pick one?

Nicely put.

I'd just have said all of 'em cuz they're all words removed.

Special mention for man Yoo's arrogance, Liverplop's "city of pity" mentality, and Arsenal for bending over and lubing up in the 2011 League Cup Final.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Nicely put.

I'd just have said all of 'em cuz they're all words removed.

Special mention for man Yoo's arrogance, Liverplop's "city of pity" mentality, and Arsenal for bending over and lubing up in the 2011 League Cup Final.

Y'see I don't mind Man U fans. I know plenty of genuine long termers and they're remarkably level-headed and knowledgeble, and willing to talk to you about your club. You can't even blame the arrogant ones. They spend 2 decades cleaning up. If you don't feel like the dog's bollocks after that you never will.  They at least earned it.  Compare them to the only club you can sizewise, in Liverpool, and compare the entitlements.  Absolutely no comparison whatsoever for me. I find it very difficult to get anything at all out of my many Liverpool mates regarding anything that isn't Liverpool FC.  The myopia is **** infuriating and disrespectful tbh when the only footy chat they can have is about their own club.

Liverpool for me.

Know some, and always banging on about how good it is to have "the good times back" and supporting them " through thick and thin"  🤣  They feel that it is their right to always be at the top.

Since returning to the top flight of English football in 1962 / 63 they have never finished below 8th! 

Unlike other football supporters, they have never known the anxiety of relegation and promotion battles and for many teams the worry that their team may even go out of existence. ..........experiences that nearly all other "top" sides fans in the Premier League have had to endure. ( Arsenal is perhaps the only exception.)

For certain, many of them I know, would have given up on "their team" if they had to endure the bad times the rest of us have to go through .

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

I have a dislike for plastic fans who support the likes of Liverpool, ManUre etc etc just because they win things.

having moved from Birmingham to Devon it became more apparent, having gone from being surrounded by fellow Villa fans, Albion, Wolves and the occasional nose to Devonian faux scousers, Mancs and cockney many of which had never seen their chosen team play live other than on the telly.

I’ve found at lot of plastic fans are particularly vociferous and deluded in their support of their ‘team’ and love lording it up over what they say are the ‘smaller’ teams such as us.

Strangely I have very good mates who are fans of Liverpool (being their local team) and they’re not half as obnoxious when it comes to discussing football. 

• Like 1

ManUre for me although Baggies, Plop and Arse aren’t far behind.

80/81 3 of us school kids managed every home and way game that season, thanks to Villa supporting parents and the odd day off school. One abiding memory was the last day scenes at Highbury.

Following year 2 of us went to college, other lad got a job so we lost touch for a while. Next time I see the lad who worked he was a fully fledged Brummie red. 

For that day onwards I detested anything ManUre. 

42 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I have a dislike for plastic fans who support the likes of Liverpool, ManUre etc etc just because they win things.

having moved from Birmingham to Devon it became more apparent, having gone from being surrounded by fellow Villa fans, Albion, Wolves and the occasional nose to Devonian faux scousers, Mancs and cockney many of which had never seen their chosen team play live other than on the telly.

I’ve found at lot of plastic fans are particularly vociferous and deluded in their support of their ‘team’ and love lording it up over what they say are the ‘smaller’ teams such as us.

Strangely I have very good mates who are fans of Liverpool (being their local team) and they’re not half as obnoxious when it comes to discussing football. 

I genuinely dont understand this appeal, if you are a kid yes I get it but is nothing fun as an adult to watch a team win all the time

Said it before 1 Leagie Cup means more for a Villa fan than 5 leagues as a glory hunter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Entitled, hypocritical, self centred all of them, I’ve yet to meet a moderate Liverpool fan.

I've been having a think and going off actual experience (not how people seem on the internet) I've deduced the following

People that I know as friends or know well as work colleagues

Everton & Man City - very good

Liverpool & Man Utd & Leicester - decent

Newcastle - mixed - a few knobbers

Chelsea - mixed

----------

Actually on going to grounds and talking to fans etc - 

Liverpool, Everton & Newcastle, Arsenal - excellent bunch, though Arsenal were knobs after the 2015 cup final, they were fine on all my visits to Highbury/Emirates 

Man City - very good

Everyone else - meh.

West Ham, Leeds - largely horrible, with West Ham being the worst.

It changes year on year really.

Wolves fans have suddenly got huge vitriol for us, seems to stem back to the Championship days due to what Xia and Bruce said. On Twitter and their forums they absolutely despise us, more so than Albion which is really strange. Not sure if its just an internet thing.

Leeds fans as most have said are pretty awful and incredibly arrogant.

Newcastle fans I think are still a bit bitter about the relegation season, they are a bit deluded as they're much smaller then they think they are.

But Liverpool and Utd fans top it for me, especially victim FC so I will vote for them.

On the other hand I don't particularly mind Everton, Southampton and Palace fans. 

Â