Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Don't you have to submit squad numbers though to the PL before deadline day ? If players or coaching staff within a submitted 25 man squad for a competition fall foul of covid, the game has to be called off. FA cup is completely different. The kids we'll play tomorrow are not in our 25 man squad. Tomorrow could go ahead and spurs game still be off. I've no fear Villa are setting any precedent here. It's just unfortunate. Pigeon holed by 2 different competition rules.

You're absolutely right in principle, but I believe you can add players under a certain age to your Premier league squad at will. I have a feeling it's 25 players over 21 and then as many under 21's as you like.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Youth players don’t count toward the 25 man squad, you can have as many as you like I think. Don’t think the PL will make us play the kids vs Spurs though.

Me neither. For the credibility of the PL, their broadcasters etc. Very bad for their brand to see senior pros hammering kids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chappy said:

Will Liverpool want to risk sending their first team squad players down for this? Can see U23s vs U23s happening here.

 

Or Klopp will want revenge for the 7-2 and we’ll be up against Salah, Mané et al...

No way Liverpool will risk any first team players for a game they should win comfortably even with their 3rd string team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushing ahead with an u23s team (ironically much like our last cup game with Liverpool) says everything about the FA Cup and the League Cup these days. Hard to take them seriously if the organisers don’t even take them seriously.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to get spanked if our results are anythin to go by when we played senior squads.

But its not really important the result. This will show if klopps full of shit or not as he been moaning about the schedule so this is perfect opportunity for resting mane salah and the rwst of his valuable players. 

But i bet he plays one or two of them or has them on the bench

Link to post
Share on other sites

They’d be stupid to field a strong side with all Klopps bleating about the 5 subs, fixture congestion (as if it’s a unique problem they face) and the the fact we are apparently riddled with Covid.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So anyone have any idea how the u23s might line up? 

Wonder if lansbury will play as he wouldnt be training with 1st team would he? 

What a kick in the teeth for heaton

I'd imagine that Lansbury will have had interaction with the first team squad. The fact that we're recalling players from Alvechurch makes me think there'll be a few of the usual u23s who have been training with the first team squad too. I think it'll be the first time I'll have watched a Villa game and genuinely not known who some of the players are!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I'd imagine that Lansbury will have had interaction with the first team squad. The fact that we're recalling players from Alvechurch makes me think there'll be a few of the usual u23s who have been training with the first team squad too. I think it'll be the first time I'll have watched a Villa game and genuinely not known who some of the players are!

Im hoping barry, bogarde, swinkels and chinweney (spelt name wrong im sure) play. Be good to see how they do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool won’t field a strong side but it will still most likely contain some very good players. 

I could probably handle up to 7 or 8 nil. If it got to double figures whilst it doesn’t really matter,  it will still obviously hurt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Liverpool won’t field a strong side but it will still most likely contain some very good players. 

I could probably handle up to 7 or 8 nil. If it got to double figures whilst it doesn’t really matter,  it will still obviously hurt. 

Thats the team expected. They have enough to easily stick 4+ goals past us

20210108_090041.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair It’s such a great opportunity for the u23’s getting to play a 3rd round of the FA cup against Liverpool live on tv. Not many of them will go on to play at the highest level so it’s something they will always remember. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair It’s such a great opportunity for the u23’s getting to play a 3rd round of the FA cup against Liverpool live on tv. Not many of them will go on to play at the highest level so it’s something they will always remember. 

Very true.

I wonder if they will big up our youngsters regardless of score like they did when we spanked liverpools kids? They really were bigging them up so they should do same to our kids

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the team expected. They have enough to easily stick 4+ goals past us

20210108_090041.jpg

Who predicted that?  That team could get double figures mate, never mind 4. I don’t think Fab, Henderson, Milner, Jones Alison and Ox will play. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Demitri_C said:

Very true.

I wonder if they will big up our youngsters regardless of score like they did when we spanked liverpools kids? They really were bigging them up so they should do same to our kids

They bigged them up because they played really well and should have been 2-0 up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â