Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

really looking forward to watching the kids, but f*** Liverpool the c***s.

I hope a big loss wouldnt negatively impact any of the kids, hopefully not, i hope they just go out and enjoy themselves.

It won't. If anything the fact Liverpool are playing most of their best players helps. They could lose 15-0 and no one will bat an eyelid.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Having seen the Liverpool line up, not sure I see the point of us going ahead with this game, it will be a useful experience for our youngsters, but it really could be a record defeat for us, I'd go as far as saying it will be if Liverpool want it to be, not sure if the negative attention that that would bring will have been worth it. Very surprised that we haven't just forfeited the game, especially with so many of our better U23 players being out anyway, it's only really Barry and Kesler that are anywhere near our first team.

It was a joke that it's even being contested. Goes against the spirit of the game.

Bitter, twisted Liverpool want their 'revenge'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Does anyone know what Deano's stance was on last season's Cup fixture? I mean, was he pushing for the match to go ahead or was it entirely the FA's decision?

Last year Klopp could have played any team he wanted - Salah's, Mane's, whoever he wanted. 

He just chose not to.

• Like 1

Oh ffs! This is ridiculous. It should have been cancelled and Liverpool given a bye to the 4th round. This will be easier for them than if they'd been drawn against Hemel Hempstead Town (National League South). Salah, Mane, Henderson, Wijnaldum... Maybe they've decided to break the record for the biggest ever FA Cup win. Out of revenge. Oh and that will look just great in our list of records, won't it? I'm not happy with Dean Smith and other top people at the club for just handing that to LFC on a plate. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Last year Klopp could have played any team he wanted - Salah's, Mane's, whoever he wanted. 

He just chose not to.

I'm well aware of that and have commented on that elsewhere...was just wondering out of curiosity since I couldn't find any quotes

I'd be worried for a big defeat if our line up was playing a lower league side, it's weaker than the team that conceded eight to Sunderland, they'd probably be second favorites against non league opposition. If we keep the score below double figures we will have done well and a bonus if Barry can get a debut goal.

I'd forfeit if I was us, that lineup really is a joke from them what a lack of class. (Not a shock from Liverpool granted).

Has the chance to be a record win for them and record defeat for us and ultimately is there really going to be an asterisk in the records it will still be there.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

I sincerely hope that the youngsters enjoy tonight regardless of scoreline. It's a baptism of fire but I hope they each do one thing that they can remember this game by. Keeper making a stunning save, that goal saving tackle, a sublime through ball , shot on goal etc.

I'm proud of them already tonight they become men. Regardless of scoreline regardless of performance. It takes balls as a 16/17 year old to go out there against the champions.

• Like 3