Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Looks like the Ramsey brothers and Philogene-Bidacre are out then. I don't follow the U23s very closely but I'm sure I won't be alone in saying I've only heard of half of the squad, let alone seen them play

And Chuchuewueemeka or however it's spelled. Shame. He was the one I was looking forward to seeing. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Ah, it’s a bit of fun! It’ll be a good experience for the youngsters. I think we’ll lose by a fair few goals, but it’s a good learning curve for them. I don’t think losing by a few goals to the champions will affect them negatively

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah, it’s a bit of fun! It’ll be a good experience for the youngsters. I think we’ll lose by a fair few goals, but it’s a good learning curve for them. I don’t think losing by a few goals to the champions will affect them negatively

No, but losing by 10+ will 

If the ‘better’ players have been with the first team squad recently they will have to  be quarantined aswell. We can surely only field those that have been nowhere the first team squad.

22 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

You just have to love the name Mungo Bridge

Sounds like a session guitarist from the 70s, with bushy hair and droopy moustache 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some of those haven't even played for our U23s yet, others have only made brief appearances, an eleven from that selection would probably be second favorites in just a normal U23 league game.

Makes me wonder if we've only agreed to play this game because Liverpool themselves have assured us that they're also going to put out a U23 team.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And Chuchuewueemeka or however it's spelled. Shame. He was the one I was looking forward to seeing. 

Believe it's Chukwuemeka, imagine that on the back of your shirt. Just as well Villa don't charge for each letter

5 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Believe it's Chukwuemeka, imagine that on the back of your shirt. Just as well Villa don't charge for each letter

I actually have a longer name, but it's the kw the throws my language abilities off. 

My girlfriend is polish though, so i should be used to it. The amount of consonants they can put into a word is bloody impressive. If in doubt add a couple of w, c and z. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, but losing by 10+ will 

That would be really bad, but I’m sure they’ll be realistic about their chances of playing again a team of adults who are champions of England and were champions of Europe last year. I hope it’s not 10+ to nil or something though. 

17 minutes ago, smg said:

If the ‘better’ players have been with the first team squad recently they will have to  be quarantined aswell. We can surely only field those that have been nowhere the first team squad.

This is exactly the case.