Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

As far as I’m concerned Liverpool can field who they want and we can’t complain. I’m amazed it’s going ahead, but it is and if we have to field U23s so be it. They have no obligation to do the same. I don’t expect them to field their strongest XI but whatever XI they do have will definitely obliterate ours. So I won’t bother watching as it seems to be a waste of everyone’s time (which in my opinion makes it no different to any other domestic cup fixture these days). 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I look forward to Liverpool fans crowing about taking revenge for the 7-2. Beating our juniors will be a pretty hollow victory. 

And literally nobody would care either. Nobody will care if they win 10-0 and if anything it's embarrassing for the FA for allowing such a farcical game to go ahead. If it helps them sleep at night to get 'revenge' for circumstances in completely beyond our control then that's their prerogative.

Remember when we beat their academy team and we spent the majority of the post-match interviews praising them and how well they did, and all they think about is bloody Elmo celebrating with his arms outstretched as if he'd done a double backflip. Weird bunch those lot

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I've only seen tidbits of Louie Barry play. Be honest with yourselves here, the kid wouldn't be getting half the traction he's getting within the fanbase if he wasn't at the Barca b team. To temper expectations, alen Halilovic tore it up when he was there. He can't get a game with the blues now !!!! Louie might be great but let him walk before he can run so to speak with his development. Let him work in peace with Harrison and Delaney and unlock his potential in time.

Halilovic was a spoilt little diva in that Barca B team and played well once in every six games. Used to be my job to watch Segunda lol. I remember bigging up Adama to everyone on here, and that didn't turn out very well tho so what do I know lol.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oh, and this might get a bit of attention from the boys at BT - it's snowing here, it'll be snowy all around Villa Park tomorrow, it'll be dark and it'll be absolutely freezing.

Mark Delaney will be wearing shorts.

Be prepared.

I do hope the under soil heating doesn't breakdown. ;)

image.jpeg.3b64d617fac23b8df0e389c49daaf375.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, so it looks like I'm wrong on the U23's that have trained with the first team being available - if that's the case, we might see some players tonight that have yet to make an U23 debut.

I have a feeling ours will be the weakest side put out in the FA Cup today - and Spurs are playing Marine.

i wouldn't be surprised to see spurs play son and kane especially if the villa match is called off. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Who are our 5th and 6th choice keepers? 

Onodi, Marschall & Zych would be the under age keepers with Sinisalo currently out on-loan.

• Thanks 1

Will be incredibly interesting to see the line-ups in this one, I don't think Liverpool will risk playing many first team players, their schedule is busy enough, so it will be mainly fringe players I'd of thought, but then they will want to ensure there's no embarrassment... tricky balance to be found there.

From our point of view it's an interesting decision to let the game go ahead, I can understand wanting to get the cup out of the way, in an already congested season and no idea when we will be able to fulfil league games again a cup run isn't really desired now, and the fans are hardly going to be up in arms. There's a few ways to look at it, you could say they are dropping the kids in it, which could damage their development, or they are showing their faith in those players and giving them valuable experience.

I'm no fan of Liverpool, I've never known them to act with any degree of class before and so I don't expect them to start now.

I just hope our boys do themselves justice, the score line should be irrelevant, just take what they can from the experience and use it to improve and develop.